Mac Dream Tool : Project started

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Mac Dream Tool : Project started

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Hi.

I have started production on the new MDT. Considering that the 3.2.5 Xcode devkit has removed applescript and replaced it with ASOC, it has changed the course of the production greatly. With ASOC, I pretty much have to learn and rewrite about 60% of the code; which would take 3 months for a conservative effort for project completion.

So i'm going to transfer the project into automater and use a significantly dumbed-down interface in the interest of getting it put out within a decent timeframe.

The good thing news is, it will be small and sleek, and the beta should be done in a month, then testing and the true release will take an additional month.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Re: Mac Dream Tool : Project started

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Mac Dream Tool services will share the same future as MDT, but it will remain a different application.

I have no release date set for it, but i'm thinking within 4 months, baring any mission critical delays.

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Looking forward to this!

It's been sad to watch OS updates break more and more of the old tools, especially on Mac. I've increasingly had to rely on pre-built disc images, when I'd really much rather keep the plain files.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Ok, well after completing the automator version, I went back to my version library, and found a more updated version of MDT I worked on for i386. Now, with the help of an older version of Xcode, I was able to do a true update to MDT that will run on intel processors.

The new version of MDT will be out in less than two weeks. It has a true interface, tons of updates for selfbooting, including supporting different archive types and plain files that don't include bootstrap files. It also contains a small usability guide to help users understand how the underpinning code works and helpful tips if things don't work as expected.

So, fiddler (or others) if you want to get on board to do a little beta testing, i'd be more than happy to have you.

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Huzzah!