Reblobed - Platforming Game

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Sylphiren
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reblobed - Platforming Game

Post by Sylphiren »

Greetings Strangers,

first of all let me introduce myself. I am the graphics artist on the Team of 2D-Retroperspectives. You know those guys with the few free homebrew releases you might have heard of or not. I am aware that these lands are roamed by programming gods and demi gods and I always respected this ^^ which is why I never dared to post around here up until now.

I am here to rise some awareness to our project which is developing quite well at the moment. Even so I have no code to present you I still hope to be able to entertain you with some teaser art to Reblobed.

As you can see the various environments of the game are developing good and fast. Because we are totally serious, things are being done with a lot of effort. We also posted a lot of character art during the last months in which you can see a bit of the development process.

Basically its a whole new game which only takes the name reference and main character out of our very old and very first release. Some of you might have heard about Jump and Blob which was originally made for GP2X Wiz and than ported over to Dreamcast. Well that was a rather long time ago and we are still around, loving what we do and attempting to grow better every day.

We are happy about every support you can lend us. Share information, giving feedback, liking us on various platforms. You know how things go. We are putting all our efforts and freetime into the developement of this project. Its time consuming and mind robbing work but we love it to death. We are not going to say this is gonna be the perfect game, but definitely the best of our game dev efforts so far.

Well thank you very much for your attention guys!

You rock =)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Reblobed - Platforming Game

Post by |darc| »

Looks fantastic! I posted the news to the front page. I love how so many projects are coming about this late in the Dreamcast's life span, with actual dev teams who have actual artists, etc. I'm looking forward to this release!
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Hi,

I remember you guys from when Max interviewed you at DCS.
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by PH3NOM »

Artwork is well done! Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to a DC version!
Sylphiren
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sylphiren »

Thank you guys for the nice comments. We are trying to get more attention right now and can use any help there is to get the word out. So we appreciate your news post very much.
|darc| wrote:I love how so many projects are coming about this late in the Dreamcast's life span, with actual dev teams who have actual artists, etc. I'm looking forward to this release!
...well Dreamcast has a great community behind it. Its a very inviting scene, thats fact. :)
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I'll share it on DCS as well.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

This looks stunning! :!:
Insane homebrew collector.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

I noticed a post on FB they said they were still working on this. Jump and Blob was a fun little game so pretty interested in hearing more about this game.