Wolf4SDL/DC: Wolfenstein 3D Collection

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Stryfe »

Warning: Mature Content. Contains 'Gore', and 'Adult' 8-16 bit style graphics.

In anticipation of, or more like in 'hope' of, mod menu support being added to Wolf4SDL. I've put together a collection of over 80 Wolfenstein 3-D, and Spear of Destiny mods for the Dreamcast using Dream Inducer.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Wolfenstein Collection Download (CDI)
- Megaupload, 77.5 MB, Dreamcast burn ready.

I created this image with the help of BootDreams, Dream Inducer, Sod4SDL/DC, Wolf4SDL/DC, and the nxDoom Modlist Creator. Many thanks to emptythought.

Thanks also go to BlackAura, and Laz Rojas.

Disclaimer:
I should note many of these mods used hacked, or recompiled executables. In addition to the ones normally encountered in the mods, or Wolf4SDL, there may be unforeseen bugs because of this. All in all, this took me about 10 hours to make over about a month. It comes as is, with no guarantees.

Others:
The original unmodified collection of Wolf3d/Spear mods can be downloaded in a single archive HERE (Wolf4SDL 7/Vista/XP included). My edited versions of the WolfenDoom mods can be found HERE, and HERE (for those who wish to use them with Chilly Willy's latest port).
ImageImageImageImage
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Wolf4SDL/DC: Wolfenstein 3D Collection

Post by Chilly Willy »

Great compilation. Some of those mods are even better than the original game. :lol:
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

Thanks for compilation ! I hope it works through sd adapter.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Wow, this reminds me of the huge doom collection I put out. Did you ever try mine huge mod collection, chilly willy or others? I put together 2 full cd's of what I thought and read where the best mods for nxdoom. It is a great collection but was also limited because nxdoom didn't support advanced doom engine features, thus, i didnt' include some mods, and some of the included mods might crash.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Basil wrote:I hope it works through sd adapter.
I'm unsure if Dream Inducer, or Wolf4SDL, will work through the SD card. I could most definitely say that any specific functions like saving to the SD card isn't there. Maybe someone could drop emptythought a PM about SD support...?

If someone could link me to a personally verified tutorial on making compatible sdiso images, I could amend the first post with a link, although I wouldn't be able to test it out personally.
ImageImageImageImage
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Np Stryfe, I created an sdiso and about to test it out on my card. I'll upload it if it works.

@Law56ker, I love your mods collection disc's. Some awesome mods like the wild west with cowboys was pretty amazing.

Edit: Well, it boots up to the menu fine, but it is not able to load the mods, it says "Please insert your Wolfenstein 3d cd and press start".

I can't get Wolfendoom to even load either. I figured this might happen, as it is many cd images inside a big cd image lol, even if you make the first one an sdiso, it refuses to boot the mods from the main menu...

This would have to be hacked with an sd plugin or something, like what Chui did with all his emulators.

Anyway, I burnt a disc of this and I can say it is bloody awesome! Such a great compilation! 5 stars man good job!
mouZ
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mouZ »

Works great with SD Card loader. Thanks.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Could you upload your working sdiso image for others to test? I am not able to load the games with my 32gb card, I guess it is too large for certain iso images and it tells me to insert wolf 3d cd.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

Edit: Well, it boots up to the menu fine, but it is not able to load the mods, it says "Please insert your Wolfenstein 3d cd and press start".
I got the same. Any help? I've also noticed the menu is kinda slow ...
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

No sorry, I gave up on it, I was hoping the guy above could shed some light on this.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

No sorry, I gave up on it, I was hoping the guy above could shed some light on this.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

i think Wolf4SDL/DC need to be recompiled with sd library support http://svn.emuforge.com/libdcsd/
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

The poster sounds like a bot...

But, I did mention someone might want to PM emptythought (fackue) about possibly adding SD support. He had me testing a newer version of Wolf4SDL/DC a while back, but I haven't heard anything from him for a handful of months now.
ImageImageImageImage
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

Well, I did work on ports of Wolf3D to the PSP and 32X. I have an SD adapter coming - when it comes in, I might port the latest PSP version over to the DC with SD support as a learning experience. The PSP version was ported from the last Wolf4SDL version, with some additions like my automap code.
Fuseki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Fuseki »

This is great! Thanks!

One of the projects I've been considering doing myself, if I can get the DC toolchain to work correctly, is to modify the Wolfie source code and maps and create my own game. I've done a few of my own map mods using an old version of WolfEdit on Mac OS 9, and have done some mods to the original PC source. I've got a lot of ideas written down, but haven't gotten around to putting the DC toolchain together just yet. I think the Wolfie engine would be a great platform to create some simple, fun, and original action-adventure games...
Fuseki Games
Classic-Style Games for the Dreamcast
http://www.fusekigames.com
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Nice.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

This one I missed. Anyone willing to re-upload it ?
Insane homebrew collector.