Burner related problems

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Burner related problems

Post by I@N »

I know this question has been asked before but as the old posts are not here (yet?) I must ask it again.

I used to make all the selfbooting stuff on this site using the plain files & the ECEHLON self boot guide using CDRWin. However, after upgrading burners from a Yamaha 4x4x16 to an Acer 16x10x40 I now have a problem. The open new session box is greyed out so I cannot burn the 1st audio session.

Also I had created many images on the HDD in bin/cue format (not DC related), but now every time I try to burn them it says Cuesheet Rejected by Burner, it also says this with images created with the new burner. I think this is due to the fact that when I try to burn a CD the box to (de)-select RAW burning is also greyed out.

I have the latest firmware revision, can anyone help :?
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

well, i'm stumped, you could try a different method to selfboot.

like useing a kit and Disc Juggler (notice 007, it's spelt DISC Juggler D couldn't resist)

or you could use the looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg MEXBOOT process

i reccomend useing a kit and Disc Juggler \ Nero

for the kit download

Auto Detect Selfbooter

for buning programs
NERO
Disc Juggler
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

oodddvviioouussllyy because you didn't chect that your new burner didn't have multisession support... too bad for you, better exchange it for one that does.
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

no, it could just be that his burning software doesn't support his burner

i had that problem once...

changed to DJ and Nero from EZCD and it worked
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

[quote=radish28]
oodddvviioouussllyy because you didn't chect that your new burner didn't have multisession support... too bad for you, better exchange it for one that does.
[/quote]

Well I just went to the ACER website ( http://www.acercm-eu.com/Products/CD-RW ... ifications ) and as you can see it does support multi-session burning.

Also I am using CDRWin 4.0a which is the latest version, I had to upgrade because I was using 3.8d and that did not support the new device.

It seems as though the main (but not only) problem I am having is not being able to disable RAW writing (in CDRWin at least), I just put my old burner back in briefly and that does allow me to enable/disable RAW writing.

I suppose I could use the fancy self-booting kits that various peple have made, but I prefer the control & smug-self-satisfaction of doing the process myself ;)

Thanks for the help so far anyway.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

use version 3.8F then... it always worked fo rme when 4.0 didnt....