plastic casting. How?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

plastic casting. How?

Post by FETUS »

What are the materials needed costs involved and time needed for making custom plastic pieces?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: plastic casting. How?

Post by Ex-Cyber »

As far as I know, it depends a lot on what method is used (e.g. thermoforming, extrusion, injection molding), how complex the shape is, which actual material you're using, and how many you want to make. Probably the only way to get a reliable quote is to talk to a company that does it. There is a company, eMachineShop, with some basic design software that gives instant quotes, but I don't know how their prices compare to others.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

do you know there is a company that made custom cases for the atari jaguar; so, anything is possible.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Search for vacuum forming at the Ben Heckendorn forums. A few guys there have experience doing that. http://forums.benheck.com/