Random mod idea

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.

Like it?

Yes
No votes
Kinda like it.
No votes
NO NOOB ITS GAY!
100%

Total votes: 4
Pegleg Jimmy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Random mod idea

Post by Pegleg Jimmy »

Lol its 4:33 a.m. and i have insomnia, and i just came up with the most random idea, that i'm gonna do once i get spare cash for a ps2 case.

I'm gonna mod a dreamcast to fit in a ps2 case, with the disk drive working.

Anyone like my idea? wouldn't be that hard, and all i would really need to do, mod the controller port area to fit a dreamcast port.

Well as soon as i get cash for another spare dc, and a broken ps2 off ebay i'll do it and keep you guys posted :D

Sorry if anythings spelled wrong, i'm kinda sleepy i'll spell check tomorrow.

I'm not thinking clearly so i'm probably forgetting something, like the thing won't work with a disk drawer.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Random mod idea

Post by Matt »

The disc draw will be extremely difficult to get working properly, you've got the electronics of the mechanism to deal with too remember
Pegleg Jimmy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Pegleg Jimmy »

Ya it will probably be hard, and probably stupid and a waste of time, but i wanna mess with my friends, they think dreamcasts suck balls :O so I want to make this and they will think its a ps2, then i will show them it was a dreamcast :D, of course i would have a ps2 controller on it with a cheap plugin from ebay :P

I MUST MAKE THEM <3 DC!

I'm working on a putting a gameboy advanced into a calculator body,which is pretty easy, just shell it out, and my nephew can then use it at school :D What a lucky 11 year old huh? I help him play games in class :D
kohan69
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by kohan69 »

You will NEVER get the drive tray ejection and loading to work. EVER. 100% guaranteed.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

cool idea, but i've tried tray-loading my dc. it is not easy. if money is an issue, i would not recommend this
Serious Sam
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Serious Sam »

I like the idea, but why put it in a ps2? it would be much easier to put it in something square like maybe a saturn case or even a gamecube. What I'd really like to see is a PC in a DC box. Now THAT would rock.