Black interference lines on picture accessing GD-Rom

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
acharris
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Black interference lines on picture accessing GD-Rom

Post by acharris »

Hi all, I picked up a DC today and when I tried to test it using the RF lead, everytime the GD-Rom spins up, I got all black lines over the screen like interference everytime the GD-Rom accesses.

I took it apart, removed the power board to clean the pins and bend them back a little as well as clean inside the AV port with a Q-Tip with Isopropyl and when I put it back together the black lines were virtually gone, except for a few lines now over the screen when accessing discs, and it stops when the GD-Rom stops spinning.

Any advice is appreciated, as I assume it is just the RF picking up interference somehow and I won't suffer it with a scart or composite. Thanks in advance.

Anthony
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I had this happend for me but it was purely an AV problem. If it is an RF issue like you think it is perhaps you could try insulating the gd-rom? Just a thought as to stop what is happenning for you.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
miggi03
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by miggi03 »

Yeah, i got this after not replacing the plastic under the psu, make sure it's as flush as when you took it apart.
240 MHZ Dreamcast mod done. Paint jobs here http://t3rminator.deviantart.com/