Is there a way to remove the vmu ports on the DC controller?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
muffinman943
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is there a way to remove the vmu ports on the DC controller?

Post by muffinman943 »

I am making an arcade stick, and using the shell of hori arcade stick. I want to have my switches wired then soldered to my DC controller, but the space is tight inside there. problem being, the two expansion ports on the controller take up a good amount of room forcing the controller to lay on a tilt. Is there any successful way of removing these ports while making the controller still function properly, or is it kaput without them? If it does work, should I just de-solder those 20 or so pins holding the thing in :-/ ?
semicolo
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by semicolo »

well I don't see why you couldn't remove it, desolder it and try it out. If it doesn't work there must be some resistor terminators or jumpers, but you'll be able to fix it.
kohan69
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by kohan69 »

I would sacrifice a controller board and rewire the buttons to the arcade stick
FamilyGuy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FamilyGuy »

Personally, I've already took one controller and cut off one vmu port to make a slim controler (so there's still one) it works pretty well ... I got no problems ...
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re:

Post by phisejr »

-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:Personally, I've already took one controller and cut off one vmu port to make a slim controler (so there's still one) it works pretty well ... I got no problems ...
OOOOOO cAN i see? PLOX ? i like your mods they Rock

hmmm I have an idea.....Uh no i dont lol