Xbox Modification

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Xbox Modification

Post by DCFreak07 »

Hey, I was not sure where to put this, so I put it here. Does anyone know how to softmod an Xbox to run unsigned code and use the EvoX dashboard. I have the following (original, not PLATINUM, I've checked) games:
-Agent Under Fire
-MechAssault
-Splinter Cell
From what I've heard, those three have exploits for softmodding via an Action Replay Memory Card (which I can either buy or borrow) and I would like to know how to use one to softmod. It doesn't matter which game I need to use to do it though, cause they haven't been patched by XBL or anything, I've never got online with it, and apparently the owner before I bought it used, never connected either, because there is no updates on the HD.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Caboose helped me out, but Xboxscene.com is where the good tutorials are at. And yopu can take a mem card, and add a USB to it to make it easy.
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCFreak07 »

Alright, I'll check it out. If I can't find anything though, I'll hope someone can post a tutorial here or PM me about it.
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCFreak07 »

Just incase anyone is wondering, this to run a SNES emulator from the hard drive possibly, if not then I'll run it off a CD i guess.
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCFreak07 »

Alright, how do I use an XBOX memory unit on my PC? And can I modify a thumb drive somehow? I've heard of doing it but don't know how.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yes, xbox-scene has some tuts on how to add usb to the xbox. You need to hack up a controller break away cable and a usb cable.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

DCFreak07 wrote:Alright, how do I use an XBOX memory unit on my PC? And can I modify a thumb drive somehow? I've heard of doing it but don't know how.
You need an Xbox Action Replay. It comes with a memory card, a USB cradle for the card and the AR software CD.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Or for a cheaper alternative, find someone with a modded xbox and transfer the safe from pc to their xbox, then to the memory card. Or try a hot swap.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCFreak07 »

Hmmm. Maybe my friend has a official memory unit with the save. After all, his dad used the MechAssault GameSave hack to put Linux on it. I'll ask him soon.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I managed to lose my AR. It's here somewhere, not sure where.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
DCFreak07
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DCFreak07 »

Heh. Send it to me when you find it.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

I used the hotswap method and used Xbox-HDM to install Evox. One thing that cannot be stressed enough is once your in Evox make a backup of EEProm and FTP into the xbox and transfer it to your PC. Store this Away and do not lose it. This way if your xbox drive ever crashes you will be able to build a new xbox drive with a fresh drive and get your xbox up and running. Theres some great tutorials over on xbox-scene.com .
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.