DS trigger buttons

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
ThePoetEmrys
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DS trigger buttons

Post by ThePoetEmrys »

I trust the people on this mod forum very much, and very very much respect what you all are capable of doing. That is why I'm bringing this problem to you first to see if you might be able to help me.

Earlier today I was playing Mairokart DS when all the sudden my left trigger (used to drop items) stoped working. I tried putting in the Metroid Hunters demo and I couldn't even fire (Left button also used for that). I have been playing about 10 hours a week on Mariokart ever since it released in November, but I take very good care of my DS. I was wondering if any of you might have a suggestion on how to fix this problem.

I'm a young father, so I don't really have much money to try and get it fixed by Nintendo. If any of you have any suggestions please help.

Thank you all!

~Emrys
Jet Set Radio!!!!!!
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Is it still under warentee?
ThePoetEmrys
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ThePoetEmrys »

No, I bought it on launch, and its only a 12 month warrenty, So I'm now 3 months over warrenty. Isn't that the way things always work though? It breaks right after you can't get it fixed for free.

~Emrys
Jet Set Radio!!!!!!
semicolo
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by semicolo »

first thing to do is open the ds and look if the contact of the left trigger is ok, some plastic may be broken, search what's wrong compared to the right trigger.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

ThePoetEmrys wrote:No, I bought it on launch, and its only a 12 month warrenty
maybe thats why nintendo will go bust sometime soon.. what they need is the good old "lifetime warranty" like on the good old 64 i wonder if they'd give me new joysticks? hmmm
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

call nintendos customer service. The serial number on your DS might tell them that your particular run had a bad shoulder button. Nintendos customer service is top notch. I had a GB that had yellow lines running down the sides. I was way over warranty, but they replaced the screen free of charge. Call them and see what they will do for you. If they want cash, then figure something else out, but check with Nintendo first.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
ThePoetEmrys
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ThePoetEmrys »

Thanks arrowhead, I guess I'll give them a call tommorow. I really need to get this fixed, Metroid Hunters is coming out next month and the L-trigger is the most used button in the game!

~Emrys
Jet Set Radio!!!!!!
ptr.exe
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ptr.exe »

Ninty customer service is great, they replace my GC that was 6 months out of warranty completely free - I sent them just the console (wouldnt read discs) and they sent me back a brand new boxed GC + controller and leads :D
Orange_Ribbon wrote:It is also the reason why you can't wear tight pants. Damn anal warts.

Millenium Falcon Dreamcast