Game Gear

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Game Gear

Post by jemsic »

My first-run game gear's sound has been busted for quite a long time. It wasn't totally silent, just very quiet. So quiet you had to put your ear up to the speaker to hear it. The wheel only slightly changes the volume. I read it was a bad capacitor and I ordered a replacement capacitor and soldered it.
After all this work, the sound is still pretty much the same.
Any ideas?
4dc2k5
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 4dc2k5 »

buy a mini pre amp or something and put it in between the wires on the speaker and output or sommat

sega own
sony ok
ps2 suck
psp cool
ds ok
xbox, ok
ps2: |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :metalslug: :metalslug: :metalslug: :chainsaw:
i have 4 dcs
and i know how to fix most disc read errors.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

you forgot

m$=pack of horny, money hungry theives
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Way to be of help, people. *claps*

I don't know much about Game Gears, but I bet you could pull a speaker out of an old Gameboy or something else and solder that in place of the busted one. It's a pretty common problem with GGs.
Very sexy hero, omg
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Dead speaker? This happened a lot to Gamegears, I remeber that, but I don't remember the fix :lol:
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

Hashmire420 wrote:you forgot

OMG you mean microsoft is a business?!?!?, wtf....they want to make money, wtf we should kill them!111!!!1121!

i fricken hate seeing those kinda posts. omg ps2 suxorz no good g4m35...dc ownz your mom & dad w00t~!``!

anyway, your best bet would probalby be to buy a set of headphones or something and dismantle them and solder them in where the other speaker's were...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

i was being sarcastic. God i love the xbox. its tied with the dreamcast as my two favorite consoles. I personally dont like windows but thats for other reasons. Microsoft makes and publishes lots of good games. I was making fun of his
ps2 suck
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

Hashmire420 wrote:i was being sarcastic. God i love the xbox. its tied with the dreamcast as my two favorite consoles. I personally dont like windows but thats for other reasons. Microsoft makes and publishes lots of good games. I was making fun of his
ps2 suck
yeah, sry bout that comment, i just came back from checking the ps2 forums...95% of the people there post crap like "ps2 0wnz u because sony made it" and if it says sony it's better then anything else...

and im just getting really sick of it...

but yeah, i love the xbox too. i have all the systems from the atari 5200 and c64 to the x360 preordered, but i find myself playing the xbox more, it just has more fps' and games i enjoy playing...but i still love my gc and my ps2 for the 5 game series i love...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

4dc2k5 wrote:buy a mini pre amp or something and put it in between the wires on the speaker and output or sommat

sega own
sony ok
ps2 suck
psp cool
ds ok
xbox, ok
ps2: |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| |/| :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :metalslug: :metalslug: :metalslug: :chainsaw:
You're cool.

You too.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

mattthemodder wrote:Dead speaker? This happened a lot to Gamegears, I remeber that, but I don't remember the fix :lol:
Doesn't sound like a dead speaker, I thought a dead speaker didn't output any sound and he said its only very quiet. I'm pretty sure the speakers are dead on my GG though.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

They're really delicate things. Might be something on the amp board, I think its seperate to the mainboard. Im sure theres a common fix for this
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Xylene wrote:
4dc2k5 wrote:buy a mini pre amp or something and put it in between the wires on the speaker and output or sommat

sega own
sony ok
ps2 suck
psp cool
ds ok
xbox, ok
You're cool.

You too.
My exact thought.....how do these newbs find this board?
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

MKE wrote:anyway, your best bet would probalby be to buy a set of headphones or something and dismantle them and solder them in where the other speaker's were...
Why would he do that? It already has a headphone jack. He can plug in a set of headphones, and if they work fine, but the speaker is still quiet, then there's another problem. USUALLY it's just a bad capacitor. Since my gamegear still works perfectly, I haven't had to rip it open yet. But a 2-second google search pulled up this: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.ph ... opic=74411

At the bottom he posts a link to a .pdf that goes over cap replacement. Make sure you get the right one. That fixes 99% of quiet GG speakers.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

oh, i thought i read it as the speaker is dead...as in he knew the speaker was the problem and the speaker was a common issue with gg's...
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by jemsic »

That fixes 99% of quiet GG speakers.
I saw that too, that's what I followed. It sucks so much that I spent 9 bucks shipped, and waited a week for that exact panasonic capacitor - only to have it do nothing.
4dc2k5
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 4dc2k5 »

thanks! i hate the ps2, it helped kill the dreamcast :( :( so the ps2

|/| |/| |/| |/| |/| HEHE :flamer: :flamer:
i have 4 dcs
and i know how to fix most disc read errors.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

4dc2k5 wrote:thanks! i hate the ps2, it helped kill the dreamcast :( :( so the ps2

LOLLOLLOLL;;OOLOL U SO KEWL!!11~!`11
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Wow, Im liking how some people dont read all the posts on the board before they reply about how people are newbs and such. Anyways I had forgotten about my gamegear until I read this, just pulled mine from the attic and I have the same problem. But i dont own any working games except my least favorite sonic.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I don't really think their were many good games released, the only ones that I can remember owning that were any good were

Columns
Sonic and Tails
NBA JAM T.E.
Streets of Rage

And only 1 those was a GG exclusive. Most my games came from using the Master System converter, which I still own but I don't own any MS games anymore. I should try fix my GG sound problem and sell it off, its only taking up room.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Xylene wrote:
4dc2k5 wrote:thanks! i hate the ps2, it helped kill the dreamcast :( :( so the ps2

LOLLOLLOLL;;OOLOL U SO KEWL!!11~!`11
:guffaw: