Removing Permanent Marker

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Removing Permanent Marker

Post by molotovwars »

I assume this would be somewhere close to the right section for this topic, or at least where I might get the most help.

I've got an N64 game that I'm planning to sell soon and can probably get quite a bit for (around $30), but right now its got some permenant marker written on it. Across the spine/top is the game's name "Harvest Moon". I thought it'd be best to remove that prior to selling.

I plan to use nail polish remover, but I know that actually melts some plastics. Will it melt or damage the plastic used in N64 cartridges? or are there are removal suggestions?
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

use non acitone nail polish remover. permanent marker will come off with enough rubbing. try rubbing it with your finger for a while it should start coming off.
wont u be my friend?
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I use rubbing alcohol.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

well if you are worried about melting the plastic , try it on the back of a game you dont plan on selling and see if anything happens
crabcakes
Dreamcast ?
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast ? »

First, lay it down flat, and put a few drops of a cleaning solvent like Windex or Goo Gone on it, and let it soak for a minute. Then try wiping it away. If that doesn't work, try cleaning it with Soft Scrub, diluted with just a little windex. That should take it off with no problem and not even leave a scratch. Use too much, though, and it will be too abrasive and look worn.

Remember, be extremely careful around labels. This may cause them to peel off and or become discolored or very brittle.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

Lestoil works wonders on permanent marker. And it smells lemony fresh too! :mrgreen:
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

you all sounds like my MOTHER!!! ahhhhhhhh