USB <-> DC High speed Cable Coders released

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

USB <-> DC High speed Cable Coders released

Post by SiZiOUS »

Hi all,

Axlen has created an USB <-> DC high speed coders cable.
Some picts :

The price is 45? (~49$), without carriage costs.

Write here if you want to buy it (Remove [NO-SPAM]).
CodersCable[NO-SPAM]@sbcglobal.net

Source : DCReload [FR]
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Matt »

Nice, very tidy. Like the blue casing and LED too. If I was a coder, I wouldn't think twice about buying one
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Impressive. Can this be used to boot homebrew games without burning it to a CD-R? Kinda like how the BBA does it? If so, is it pretty simple?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Heh, old news to us Consolevision people. He has been keeping us updated for months with the progress of this project. Good to see the final (I think??) design is done. It looks really nice, heh.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

If I wasn't a 15 year old unemployed 10th grade bum who can't even drive yet, I wouldn't think twice about buying me one of them.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I should check the Consolevision boards more, I didn't know about that DC with all the mods till Higgens asked
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

Yes, that's the final version.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

nice. may be a stupid question, but is it faster than Serial<->DC Serial? i thought i remember the DC serial port being slow to begin with.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

is it faster than Serial<->DC Serial
It's the goal. It is very fast : 1562500 bps (~ 1,5 Mbits/sec or 200KB/sec).

It works as the same of the serial coders cable, but the PC output is an USB socket.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

wow that's very very nice.
wont u be my friend?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Damn, that's nice. How'd you manufacture them?
Very sexy hero, omg
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Xylene wrote:Heh, old news to us Consolevision people. He has been keeping us updated for months with the progress of this project. Good to see the final (I think??) design is done. It looks really nice, heh.
Fairly old news on dcemu.co.uk as well. I couldn't really stand the attitude (at the time? haven't been there in a while) over at consolevision, and they promised a DC page for like months. So I went back here.

Edit: Ein, check out his page here.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Alexvrb wrote:
Xylene wrote:Heh, old news to us Consolevision people. He has been keeping us updated for months with the progress of this project. Good to see the final (I think??) design is done. It looks really nice, heh.
Fairly old news on dcemu.co.uk as well. I couldn't really stand the attitude (at the time? haven't been there in a while) over at consolevision, and they promised a DC page for like months. So I went back here.
Consolevision has had a Dreamcast only page for years. http://www.dcvision.net/
Axlen
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Axlen »

I have created a preliminary web-page for the USB Coders Cable. It contains a brief history, a short technical write-up, schematic and parts resources.

Hi, I just re-discovered that I'm registered as a user here :!: Must have done that years ago :wink:
Axlen was here...
Benimaru
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Benimaru »

How do you hook this converter up to the dreamcast?
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

May be a stupid question, but are there plans to build a DC<>Serial<>USB adapter of sorts? Some of us (myself included) already have a serial <> DC cable and might not want to pay full price for a brand new cable. Of course, if this is impossible, or already exists (I know there are serial to USB adapters geared towards PDA users), just let me know :P
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

MetaFox wrote:
Alexvrb wrote:
Yes, the DC scene is old, isn't it? I got a bit tired of scrolling through PS2 news when they were supposed to have a DC centric site up again. That and the attitude, again at. the. time. So I went back and found that DCE had improved vastly and decided I liked it here.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

revengeofLaEternal wrote:May be a stupid question, but are there plans to build a DC<>Serial<>USB adapter of sorts? Some of us (myself included) already have a serial <> DC cable and might not want to pay full price for a brand new cable. Of course, if this is impossible, or already exists (I know there are serial to USB adapters geared towards PDA users), just let me know :P
same here.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

SiZiOUS wrote:
revengeofLaEternal wrote:May be a stupid question, but are there plans to build a DC<>Serial<>USB adapter of sorts? Some of us (myself included) already have a serial <> DC cable and might not want to pay full price for a brand new cable. Of course, if this is impossible, or already exists (I know there are serial to USB adapters geared towards PDA users), just let me know :P
same here.
Same here.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Alexvrb wrote:
MetaFox wrote:
Alexvrb wrote:
Yes, the DC scene is old, isn't it? I got a bit tired of scrolling through PS2 news when they were supposed to have a DC centric site up again.
Eh? That link works you know. ;)

It points to http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/ - which has been up since Consolevision went multiplatform oh so many years ago. That link has always had Dreamcast only news.