Dreamcast AV and PSONE output

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast AV and PSONE output

Post by Sir Savant »

Okay, My question is what type of output does the AV of the DC send out? Is it just regular, like on a vcr or camcorder? And Also, what type of input does the PSOne LCD take? Any LCD would be fine. I want to know so I can make my own "Treamcast" since those arent selling anymore. Has someone other than riva16 done something like this before? If anyone can post info, it would be most appreciated.
Last edited by Sir Savant on Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

that Kyle guy
Thanks... Sounds like I'm respected huh? :roll:
I can help you...
The DC puts out a regular analog signal like a psx, or vcr would... You can patch into a PSOne screen via the AV plug in the back...
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Sorry, did not know your name on the forums. I just saw your site and was "WOW". I sat for about ten minutes thinking of the feasibility of it all and then got to thinking, "I need a treamcast". So here I am. Excellent work, by the way.

So the PSOne screen has AV plug outlets that I can plug the DC into?

Also, could you post a tutorial on how exactly you did that Subwoofer/PS/LCD Mod?

Thanks in Advance and sorry about the no respect thing.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Ohh, don't say subwoofer thing... Not subwoofers, just full range sound... And no, I can't write a tutorial... It way too complex, and I've forgot how to do some of the things I did, AND there's thing i can't remember I did probably... Too crazy... You simply have to get the DC A/V to go through a headphones type jack, 1/8" jack, and wire them properly so that video is ont he right wire, and audio... I can tell you now that the left audio channel, or mono, is the white wire, and video will be the red wire if you use plain old audio cables to splice... I'll eplain that better... IF you cut a 1/8" jack ---> red and white RCA, adapter... The red wire line will feed video, and white will feed mono sound... You can always buy the cable Sony made that also supports right channel audio, and adapt that... Basically, you'll probably have to solder to the DCs aV Out, or adapt a DC AV cabl to 1/8" jack form... Or just solder. I've got diagrams that show each pin the the AV in on the screen. Solder from DC mobo to the correct pin on the screen, and your good. Any more help? I'll be glad... :D
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Yeah, explain that in steps, please. This Is what I understand.
1. Red wire line is Video and White is mono sound.
2. To get Stereo I can buy the Sony right channel audio cable.
3. Solder the proper wires to each other.

How do I get a 1/8 jack?
Does this mean I make the cable and it connects to both the DC and LCD screen but I can take it off both (a single cable that can be disconnected from both)?
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Umm... From what i can understand in that last line... sure... The simplest thing is to solder from the DC mobo AV out tot he correct pin ont he LCD's little board, not the main board...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Or could I just use one of those converters from ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 67204&rd=1

And convert that?
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Same thing I was saying, but without the yellow cord, which would be the video... IF you used a stereo connector, red would have been the video... That'll work, for stereo sound too...