I SHANKED MY DREAMCAST.

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Agracuta
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I SHANKED MY DREAMCAST.

Post by Agracuta »

i dont know where to put this thread, so seeing as i kinda modified my dreamcast i put it here. move it to its appropriate place plz if its not supposed to be here

any ways my old dreamcast kept going haywire on me, so i grabbed my trusty buck knife and shanked the **** out of it.

meh, bought a new one got a new controller and another vmu, for 3 vmus in total. and im less stressed out

so in the end i win regardless.

<<-end of rant->>
ADMIT IT!!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

If people destroyed their stuff every time it had issues, there wouldn't be very many cars on the road. Not a whole lot of computers either. Gee, should I at least attempt to repair the car, or just push the car off a cliff and get a new one, again?
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Agracuta
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agracuta »

if its 20 bux, why not!? lol

although i do admit it was kinda dumb to do...

but then again i was really stressed out, and almost got into a fight that day and SOMETHING was gonna get shanked regardless that day. good thing it was the dreamcast and not say, the mailman O_O
ADMIT IT!!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Almost no one bothers to fix DCs anymore.. The parts cost more than another one, unless it something simple like a blown port..
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Agracuta
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agracuta »

thats so confusing, why would a part cost more than the whole pakage? i mean it does not make any sense.
ADMIT IT!!
infinite-nothing
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by infinite-nothing »

well the reason the parts cost more then the whoel package is because the systems are not produced anymore therefore making the aprts ahrder to come bye wich jacks up the price of a single aprt and the system is so inexpensive because its a "dead" system
"your best......your best, losers always whine about there best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen"-Sean Connery"-
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Lartrak wrote:Almost no one bothers to fix DCs anymore.. The parts cost more than another one, unless it something simple like a blown port..
Depends what is wrong with it. I would have at least tried to troubleshoot it (PSU pins, dust, battery, clean/fiddle with GD-rom, the basics) before I decided to destroy it.
OminaeYu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by OminaeYu »

Agracuta wrote:i dont know where to put this thread, so seeing as i kinda modified my dreamcast i put it here. move it to its appropriate place plz if its not supposed to be here
How about the Retard Bin :roll:

To bad we don't have one :lol:
Agracuta
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agracuta »

OminaeYu wrote:
Agracuta wrote:i dont know where to put this thread, so seeing as i kinda modified my dreamcast i put it here. move it to its appropriate place plz if its not supposed to be here
How about the Retard Bin :roll:

To bad we don't have one :lol:
NOW THATS JUST PLAIN, MEAN.
ADMIT IT!!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

are any of the parts salvageable? if so they should be post marked to my address and be on their way.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

any ways my old dreamcast kept going haywire on me, so i grabbed my trusty buck knife and shanked the **** out of it.
your not very smart, are you?
even if this one is dead you still had some spare parts in case your next one dies
sheng
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sheng »

people keep on distroying their DC, soon DC will become rare! I'm rich, rich with rare DC!!!!! :wink:
Dream on
Agracuta
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agracuta »

FETUS wrote:
even if this one is dead you still had some spare parts in case your next one dies
the reason it was so haywire was cuz it would not read any cds

so i opened it and it was completly covered with all this gunk and smelled REALLY BAD. the owner before didnt take care of it much. i tried to mess with the screw in the laser and it worked for like a day and then it died again. so i shanked it.

i did save some parts. i took out the fan and the controller ports, was the only part with no gunk on it that and motor for the spinning cd

dude there were even some dead cockroaches stuck on the gunk on the mobo.
ADMIT IT!!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

wheres the rest of it god dammit! :o i mean how ould there be gunk on the PSU and the shell could have been kept for other mods, tisk tisk.

odds are he didn't really "shank" it
Agracuta
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agracuta »

oh i did. but its right now its somewhere in the rhode island dump i cut clean through the cover.

i think the gunky was old grease. ever been in a resturant and at the top shelfs toward the back whatever was there is covered in like a thin layer of gunky bullshittles? thats what it had all over.

NEVER buy a dreamcast from a 3rd party store.
ADMIT IT!!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

:roll: n00b
OminaeYu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by OminaeYu »

molotovwars wrote::roll: n00b
PWN

Seriously its like some people have never heard of cleaning something.

You poor retarded b.astard :roll:
ashtray
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ashtray »

How could a cockroach get onto the mobo?Unless it had been on a major diet theres no way.

Sigh...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

hehe
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Georgie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Georgie »

Agracuta wrote:
FETUS wrote:
the reason it was so haywire was cuz it would not read any cds

so i opened it and it was completly covered with all this gunk and smelled REALLY BAD. the owner before didnt take care of it much. i tried to mess with the screw in the laser and it worked for like a day and then it died again. so i shanked it.

I had a dreamcast that wouldn't boot and there was gunk on the bottom of the controler port board I didn't use a knife used acohol and Q-Tips
my Dc now works

i did save some parts. i took out the fan and the controller ports, was the only part with no gunk on it that and motor for the spinning cd

dude there were even some dead cockroaches stuck on the gunk on the mobo.
#1 quote
Orange_Ribbon wrote:I feel my crotch is a blank slate in witch to promote spider man, or captain america.