Oh noes... DC Controller Port Problem (Just One)

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Oh noes... DC Controller Port Problem (Just One)

Post by typoEDR »

I was playing NHL 2K2 the other day, and I noticed that the VMU was either going on and off, or it just didn't work. Controller was connected to the A port. I'm thinking to myself, "Sh!t, the thing's busted?! I don't think EB has anymore Dreamcasts!"

Anyways, I plugged my controller into the other 3 ports (B,C,D), and it worked fine. I put it back in the A port, and noticed that if I positioned the controller plug in a particular position, it would work, but if it moved the slightest, it wouldn't work, so obviously, there's a connection problem.

Any suggestions?
phatmatt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by phatmatt »

its not the port its the controller my brother had the same problem. being the great big brother i am i bougt him a new one and it wors perfect
? 2004
I Need 198 mre referals!
Please click HERE! Please sign up and activate your accont be clicking th link in the email. Thanks.
syckshyt
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by syckshyt »

:?: are you sure thats a controler problem? if it works in all the other ports.
phatmatt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by phatmatt »

true, but maybe the game only reads the memory card in the first controller

EDIT: try a different controller to see if you have the same problem
? 2004
I Need 198 mre referals!
Please click HERE! Please sign up and activate your accont be clicking th link in the email. Thanks.
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

I gotta buy a second DC pad, plus a second VMU (you'd think 330 blocks would be enough!), but yeah it works perfectly in all of the other ports. It's a good thing NHL 2K2 is designed with the capability to work on all of the ports. For now I'm leaving it in a certain position, and it's functioning, but once again, if I move, dead connection.

Well, thanks for the suggestions for now, gotta build up the wallet again for the DC...
phatmatt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by phatmatt »

I dont know then.............weird......LIKE HIM!>>> :moon:
? 2004
I Need 198 mre referals!
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

EDIT: Damn it, I tried stretching out the prongs a bit to seemingly make a better connection, but damn, it just won't work. It still acts like it did before. Time for research!