Attn all people with a Performance VGA box

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Attn all people with a Performance VGA box

Post by BobsShadow »

Just last night while playing Rayman 2 I noticed that my VGA box by performance is messed up. :( The wires contained the audio from the Dreamcast are reversed so that right is outputed through left and vis-versa. I have tried to open the adapter up and switch the wires back but there is a metal case surrounding the circuit. This is a two piece case where each case piece is connected to eachother by 4 tabs. 2 of these tabs are welded to the other case and my soldering iron couldn't melt it. I really need to know how to open the metal case or know of some other way to fix the audio problem. If you have any informrion on how to open this please post here. Also does anyone here know the address of Performances web site is?
Damn My Signature Sucks!
Visit Sega Fan's VMU HQ
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

uh bob to fix this is kinda simple
just go to radio shack and buy a mini phono plug and a jack and wire them together and switch around the polarity
the wire from the tip of the plug will go to the midle section of the jack and the wire from the middle of the plug goes to the tip of the jack and the ground goes to the ground
i hope i explained this well enough to help you out
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by BobsShadow »

I have been doing that for a while WiseMonkey, but I wanted to fix the problem internaly. If I do that then the inputed sound from the pc is reversed. Pass though things work, but sound from the Dreamcast itself is messed up. That is why I wanted ot fix it on the inside by where the cable connects to the circuit.
Damn My Signature Sucks!
Visit Sega Fan's VMU HQ