Master Boy!

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Master Boy!

Post by Master Higgins »

Okay I have this game gear lying around and I am cleaning out my room and selling all mystuff and buying somethings. I was thinking about getting an sms and some 3d goggles and all 6 3d games with it. But I was wondering, as I really know nearly nothing about the sms is there any way I can rig a pair of 3d goggles a game gear, a master system converter together to create a sega virtual boy? Would it be possible, has anyone tried it?
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bloodite »

I used to own a sms with the goggles, great fun. I think the goggles were attached using the mega card slot, so unless you can take that off and attach it to the converter, the goggles arent going to to work.
Try Transfusion, the most ambitious TC for Quake! http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

Ya, the 3D goggles used the card slot, which is why I couldn't use them on my Master System 2. I should have bought the original SMS, but they were pretty rare in Australia.

Anyhow, as bloodite said, don't think you'll be able to create a Sega Master Game Virtual Gear Boy System without some serious hacking. Perhaps not even then. :/
- Interesting.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

You can play master system games on it though with a converter, yeah impossible you could try and make a conroller port on it for two player games though?? :D
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

U have shot down my idea so therefore I hate you all :lol: Well how bout using one of those tec toy downsized rip off sms? Could I turn that into a hadset you think?
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by T1z3R »

Sickliquid86 wrote:U have shot down my idea so therefore I hate you all :lol: Well how bout using one of those tec toy downsized rip off sms? Could I turn that into a hadset you think?
does it have a card slot as well as a cartridge slot?
The box. You opened it. We came.
Firthy2002
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Firthy2002 »

It'll need a card slot.
"The video game market is troubled..." - |darc|
---
My LiveJournal
---
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

I'm pretty sure those brazilian SMS remakes were all based on the SMS2 design/hardware, and hence lacked the card slot. I'll search around for a bit and confirm that.
- Interesting.