Can't bring up DCHDMI OSD menu

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
FuriKuri
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can't bring up DCHDMI OSD menu

Post by FuriKuri »

So I've finally gotten my DCHDMI installed. I have working video output, but I can't bring up the OSD menu with the Left Trigger + Right Trigger + X + A + Start button combination. I have been following this install guide and I'm at step 8.

I have:
P1 to R601
P2 to R602
RST to the Test Point
OPT soldered to a wire that is unconnected on the other end

I've gone through and checked continuity and I can't understand why I can't get to the menu. I've tried swapping in my original GD drive in place of the GDEMU and still nothing. Any advice?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Can't bring up DCHDMI OSD menu

Post by |darc| »

Hmm, pretty weird. Your controller is working fine in games otherwise, and you're attempting to bring the menu up at a time where the console is accepting input (e.g. the console won't let you bring up the DCHDMI menu when at the boot logo/Sega copyright screen, but will let you do so when the console is otherwise able to accept controller input), correct? Stupid questions, I know, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work for you...
It's thinking...