Help seriously needed!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Warren
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help seriously needed!

Post by Warren »

Hey everyone I've just registered with the forum hoping to get some help. I've had DreamSNES for a month or so playing Final Fantasy 3 (6) but now it won't detect the saved games for it. The file is still on the VMU but the game just automatically starts a new game instead of finding my previous saves. This has lost me nearly 70 hours!

Is there ANYTHING I can do? I don't care if it means buying a new VMU or even bloody Dreamcast I desperately want my file back! :o :o :o
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Help seriously needed!

Post by Stryfe »

You're not giving too much info here...

What are the DreamSNES options set to? Did you try loading from a different disc than the one you created the save with?

Was the disc made self-bootable straight to DreamSNES, or was it from something like a Selfboot Inducer app?
ImageImageImageImage
Warren
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Help seriously needed!

Post by Warren »

Thanks for the reply! The disc self-boots straight to DreamSNES 0.9.8 and I've had the settings set to allow best game speed.

Edit- I've just burnt another DreamSNES disc with the roms and no luck again. I'm guessing it's somehow corrupted the save file.

There's a saved game state available for the PC Zsnes version so I'm just going to have to play the rest through on my PC and use a trainer to get the levels back up lol