List SPECIFIC Additions/Changes for NEXT Dsnes here!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Link »

Hi Again,

Ok, I am with nakamichi and brain donor on this subject. Caps is not always yelling, nor is it always an insulting tone. I look at the structure of a sentence not just the size of the letters to determine wether something is an attack or just to put emphasis on one word. Also, I play PSO and have for a little over a year now. You simply do not have the option of italic fonts. So I have over time learned and accepted caps to be part of the process of tonal expression and not just yelling, for instance to go into detail THIS would be the whole word in a higher tone thIs would be the "I" having emphasis and lastly THIS IS YELLING! lol. I could go a little deeper into it but it's not on topic.

I like some of the ideas I have seen here and hope the Dsnes team is watching :) (if they are I would like to say nice work guys keep it coming)

Your bro in the DCemu scene,
Link
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

The ARM is about 10 times to slow to run the sound code as it stands now, if I remember correctly.
So it's really running at 2.8MHz or thereabouts then? That's pretty odd... does the AICA do a lot more stuff than is currently documented?
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
The ARM is about 10 times to slow to run the sound code as it stands now, if I remember correctly.
So it's really running at 2.8MHz or thereabouts then? That's pretty odd... does the AICA do a lot more stuff than is currently documented?
The ARM core is only a subcomponent of the AICA. The main part is a DSP acting as a 64 channel stereo digital mixer. The ARM has to compete with
the DSP for memory access etc which makes it slow. Remember that it is only intended to do register setup for the DSP and handle really simple
tasks like MIDI replay.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

I like some of the ideas im hearing, expecially nakamichi's.. Attention Mods, pls make this a "sticky" topic
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi,

I agree, it will make this thread more visable to the Dsnes team. I also now happen to like the idea of a last rom loaded button or button combo could make life easier, loading up your favorite game and wouldnt be too complex, plus you wouldn't have to even hit select game :). I also like the idea of being able to shut off the menu music. That would be a big plus. Overall I like the concept of this posting thread. So far, looks like a nice wishlist :)

Your bro in the DCEmu scene,
Link
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

DcSteve wrote:Attention Mods, pls make this a "sticky" topic
Done.
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

In response to whoever posted about having a COLOR-MATCHING controller preset, did they recolor the buttons later on in the SNES's life or something? My SNES has light blue-gray X and Y buttons, and dark blue B and A.
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

EvilSporkMan wrote:In response to whoever posted about having a COLOR-MATCHING controller preset, did they recolor the buttons later on in the SNES's life or something? My SNES has light blue-gray X and Y buttons, and dark blue B and A.
I think it was mostly third party pads that had red, green, blue, and yellow buttons, like interact's superpad. I believe I remember the last generation SNES without RGB or RF might have had multicolored buttons, but I'm not sure.

Now, if the colors had matched the letters that are on the DC pad, it would make sense, sort of.

I hate having to keep telling people, "Okay, for the last time, the A/B and X/Y buttons are swapped. It's mapped by position"
Last edited by someoneElse on Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
THe man
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by THe man »

some 3rd party controllers have them color coded(like ascii controllers).

Oh and link I did not use the word or have said always in my post on caps.

Is it still possible for 3rd party vmu support? Forget the patch idea though if it can't be done or if it takes too much time.

Keep up the good work devs.
Sig. 1:
Rules are for stupid people...otherwise we wouldn't need them.
Sig 2:
Sensitivty leads to stupidity..period.
Sig. 3:
Words are only given meaning by the person saying/hearing them..only it can make them Hurt inside.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

If you didn't know,the Japanese version of the Super Nintendo,called "Super Famicom",or "SuFami(abbreviated)" and the European(PAL) version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System have a controller which is a bit different from the controller U.S. version.The only difference is the [i]color[/i] of the buttons.The US version has 2 purple and 2 magenta buttons.The JP/Euro SNES has a joystick with buttons in 4 different colors:RED,YELLOW,BLUE and GREEN(similar to the DC controller).But the color button placement is a bit different in the DC controller i.e. the color of the X button on SNES matches the color of the Y button on the DC.Same is with A and B buttons.For some games,the "color-identical config." is of great help.

All of you US SNES players are accustomed to the 2-color controller and the blocky design of the US SNES,but overseas is a different story...and the SNES console itself has a more sleek,streamlined look.And I'm lucky that I have a REAL SNES and BOTH US and Euro/JP controllers.I also have PAL,NTSC(J) and NTSC US cartridges that I play on my SNES with a universal converter :)
I love those converters (yummy!)
I can't wait to play Illusion of Gaia on DreamSNES with a decent speed...It's still slow(the Mode7 intro runs like a snail compared to my original US cartridge which runs at 60 fps :),but I know the time will come when DreamSNES will be fast enough to fully enjoy this game again.
Do you guys know why I prefer playing DreamSNES over my REAL SNES?
Because the real SNES ruins your TV! It creates a thick vertical line in the center of the screen that stays permanently (if you play more than 8 hours a day :) and I wanna keep my SNES in top condition,since I collect consoles.I don't want my SNES to become dead :)
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

nakamichi wrote:If you didn't know,the Japanese version of the Super Nintendo,called "Super Famicom",or "SuFami(abbreviated)" and the European(PAL) version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System have a controller which is a bit different from the controller U.S. version.The only difference is the color of the buttons.The US version has 2 purple and 2 magenta buttons.The JP/Euro SNES has a joystick with buttons in 4 different colors:RED,YELLOW,BLUE and GREEN(similar to the DC controller).
Yeah, forgot about that. I've never seen Super Famicom consoles with controllers before.
nakamichi wrote:But the color button placement is a bit different in the DC controller i.e. the color of the X button on SNES matches the color of the Y button on the DC.Same is with A and B buttons. For some games,the "color-identical config." is of great help.)
Of great help in what way, exactly? Are there a lot games that give you input instructions based on button color?

If not, then wouldn't button maps by position or by letter be more appropriate?
nakamichi wrote:All of you US SNES players are accustomed to the 2-color controller and the blocky design of the US SNES,but overseas is a different story...and the SNES console itself has a more sleek,streamlined look..
I always love how people use the words "more sleek and streamlined" as code for "better."

It's no more streamlined than the last version of the SNES.

And what about UK/EU? Aren't they accustomed to blockiness too?
nakamichi wrote:And I'm lucky that I have a REAL SNES and BOTH US and Euro/JP controllers.I also have PAL,NTSC(J) and NTSC US cartridges that I play on my SNES with a universal converter :)
I love those converters (yummy!).)
Yes, I'm quite fond of my Famicom/Super Famicom adapters myself ...;)
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

But the sad thing is European SNES gamers almost always played the SNES games 13% slower,on 50 Hz.But now,with the DC even PAL 50 Hz games,when set to 60 Hz will run like the US 60 Hz ones :) cool!
Lyris
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Lyris »

PAL/Japanese NTSC

North American NTSC

IMO the Japanese version looks far nicer. However I prefer the coloring of the keys on the modified version's joypad.
HeeZy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

dsnes

Post by HeeZy »

hey, i love dsnes and i have an idea.

since the analog stick has a use for the select button (up & down), and to exit to the main menu (left), is there a use for the analog stick when you move it to the right?

if not, you can use it as a shift key when playing game to bring up various menus. for instance, if you hold the analog stick to the right and press any of the other buttons (A,B,X,Y,L,R) it could bring up other menus like the rom reset option, maybe a game genie option, a view vmu files option so you can view/delete saves, quick save state (save the state in memory), save state to vmu option, as well as a few more options for the other buttons.

these are just some of the stuff i could think of right now. i'll get some more up soon.
I just wanna......... tape you,.................... all night.! - N*E*R*D*
THe man
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by THe man »

hmm the real snes ruins your tv? Strange I never had the problem and I played my snes for more than 8 hours a few times...weird i've never heard of that happening.

[/quote]Do you guys know why I prefer playing DreamSNES over my REAL SNES?
Because the real SNES ruins your TV! It creates a thick vertical line in the center of the screen that stays permanently (if you play more than 8 hours a day :) [quote][/quote]
Sig. 1:
Sig 2:
Sig. 3:
Words are only given meaning by the person saying/hearing them..only it can make them Hurt inside.
THe man
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by THe man »

hmm the real snes ruins your tv? Strange I never had the problem and I played my snes for more than 8 hours a few times...weird i've never heard of that happening.
Do you guys know why I prefer playing DreamSNES over my REAL SNES?
Because the real SNES ruins your TV! It creates a thick vertical line in the center of the screen that stays permanently (if you play more than 8 hours a day :)
Sig. 1:
Sig 2:
Sig. 3:
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

I love DSNES too. :D

I'd like to see a different screensaver than that omega sign. Oh, and the small screen mode should have some sort of smoothing in it also.

I know this may sound drab, but the interactive menu needs some spunk. It will be cool if the Team can mimic the menu screen of the Sega Channel possible. And the title screen should be a bang too.

Frameskip option or control is a good idea also, as everyone has been saying for 1,000,000 years.

EDIT: Wouldn't be fun too see the DreamSNES team take a crack at Genesis Emulation?
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

katraqueyous wrote:Oh, and the small screen mode should have some sort of smoothing in it also.
No it shouldn't. The whole point of the non-fullscreen-mode is to have one SNES pixel == one Dreamcast hardware pixel.
If you want smoothing you should use the fullscreen mode.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

No it shouldn't. The whole point of the non-fullscreen-mode is to have one SNES pixel == one Dreamcast hardware pixel.
If you want smoothing you should use the fullscreen mode.
Good point, fine, scratch that out.... It looks way better than non-fullscreen anyway. :roll:
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

In response to the SNES ruining your TV: Where'd you hear that? A long time ago my brother and I rented the game 'Lagoon' and literally played that game (taking hour-at-a-time turns) all day (atleast 14 hours).
Ah well....anyways.

I agree with the following:

1. Framskip option
2. Different controller configurations (might make different games easier)
3. Jump Pack support (if it could be done efficiently...I had this big rumble-backpack thing that rumbled to absolutelyeverything, music included...so if this can't be avoided, then I feel that efforts should be used elsewhere.

4. Last, and probably least (as it's currenlty very, verry close), full speed. While it would be nice to play games without so much/any choppiness, it's still fully bearable from what I've done so far (I've beaten Soul Blazer 1, Illusion of Gaia, and Megaman 9/Rockman & Forte).

Also, as I haven't said anywhere -at all-, I figured I'd take this chance to say thank you to the DreamSNES team. :D

(Also, about the DreamSNES team taking on a Genesis emulator.....that could be interesting.....would probably become the 2nd best thing I've downloaded if it occured.)