List SPECIFIC Additions/Changes for NEXT Dsnes here!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by donnonotin »

this emu is the coolest i've ever seen! there are only a couple small requests from me.
screen adjust option (where you can make the game fit your TV perfectly, a theme choser (as in there are themes allready on the disk and you can go into an option and chose one) and that all i can think of. otherwise you guys made the best darn emulator in this universe. :)
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

i was wondering if it were possible to make dreamsnes not only emulate snes but nes :?:
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Hey,I got a few more ideas(and a few bugs to correct) for the next DreamSNES :) So this makes it PART 6 of my wish list:

1. Mapping the F1-F12,S1-S3 and other keys on the DC keyboard with toggles for the DreamSNES settings: (direct shortcuts)

F1 - Autosave ON/OFF
F2 - TV Mode OFF/ON
F3 - Fullscreen Smooth/Chunky/OFF
F4 - Refresh 50/60 Hz
F5 - Sound Stereo/Mono/Mute
F6 - Transparency ON/OFF
F7 - CPU Optimizations ON/OFF
F8 - Mode 7 Interpolation OFF/ON
F9 - Sound Sample Rate 11/22/44k
F10 - Frameskip AUTO/OFF/1/2/3/4
F11 - Controller Config 1/2/3
F12 - Rumble ON/OFF

S1 - Checksum Indicator ON/OFF
S2 - FPS Counter ON/OFF
S3 - Relative Speed Indicator ON/OFF (already implemented)

DEL - Reset ROM
PAUSE - Pause/Unpause ROM

And please map the other keys (A,B,X,Y,L,R,UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT,ENTER) to be used in-game as well.

This will allow benchmark and bug testers to fiddle with the settings "on the fly" while watching the results immediately.

2. DreamSNES doesn't save the 50/60 Hz setting to the VMU.This should also be saved in the settings file.

3. The reboot (CTRL+PrScr) combination is not working properly.It needs a fix.Graphics get messed up in the lower half of the screen.(to note,my CD is 100% scratch-free)

4. The text besides the IHI logo has a few errors. few words have incorrect spelling:

SEGA Enterprices (not correct) -->
should be: SEGA Enterprises.

endorced (not correct) --> should be: endorsed

preceeding (not correct) --> should be: preceding

licenced(B.E.) --> should be licensed(A.E.) (this word is not really incorrect,BTW but the others are)

5. Like in NesterDC: Screen centering and Screen size adjustment.Wow,that's awesome!I like to make all 60Hz NTSC games to have borders.It gives you a feeling like playing on a 16:9 TV or watching a DVD movie.It's much better(more natural) that way.Or making the screen small to give you a feeling like playing on a Game Boy Advance!Or the best thing yet is zooming the picture WAAAY close,so you get a quasi-first person view(great for RPGs).This is all possible with NesterDC,and i like this to be available in DreamSNES as well.Have you tried this stuff with NesterDC?

6. A lot of new translations in other languages.(I'm going to translate it in two more languages)

And that's nearly all of what I can write now...

So,what do U think now?
:)
I like to hear some orginal but GOOD ideas from you,DreamSNES users as well...

Nakamichi,the Yamato Damashii :)
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Love your ideas and I agree with most of them. Having an FPS counter sure would be nice as well as the on-the-fly switches, as you said, really helping to speed things up.

Of the things that I would like most that haven't been mentioned:

1) Some sort of popup indicator telling us status messages (I guess debug messages) sort of like how ZSNES works. (No, I'm not asking them to port ZSNES. I had to say that since I'm sure that's what people first think when they see "ZSNES" on this board.) Especially useful would be a filename indicator. "Super Mario World (U).smc loaded." or something similar sure would be nice especially when you have multiple versions like I do. If most ROMs had correct headers, it wouldn't really be needed.. but since most don't... bleh.

2) The ability to have DreamSNES simply list ROM filenames rather than header names.. without needing to put a roms.lst in there. It would really make things so much simpler for someone like me that has correct, full filenames. The ROMS.LST file has never worked properly with me and since there are a few ROMs with full filenames that are longer than 31 characters. (The ROMS.LST Creator just simply pops up error after error.. perhaps about 50% of all ROMs give me an error.. and the list comes out all wrong anyways. Glad it seems to work for most everyone else though.)

Of the ones that have been mentioned already that I would like to see most:

1) Have the ROM list display one vertical column of games (as opposed to two). Perhaps make this a switchable option, saved to the VMU, if at all possible.

Now, I know this is really just a pipedream and really isn't needed, it sure would be nice:

2) The ability to playback .SPC soundtrack files. I'm sure that since DreamSNES would only really need to emulate the SPC700 sound chip that you could get it to play most music 100% at original quality. Give it a simple gui (similar to the Windows CD player would be just fine) and you have another great (but completely unnessessary) feature. Hmm... I'm sure there are a few people out there that would rather DreamSNES play an SPC for the menus instead of an Mp3. Sure would be nice to be able to have some classic SNES music playing when looking for a game to play. (I'm not saying "get rid of mp3 playback", just supplement it with SPCs.)

Basically though, I would be happy even if DreamSNES doesn't include any new features whatsoever. I love this piece of software so much already.

DarkStalker
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

i was wondering if it were possible to make dreamsnes not only emulate snes but nes
It would be possible, but it would be kind of pointless. NES and SNES share some features, but they're not close enough that it's easy to adapt an emulator for one into an emulator for the other. At best, they might be able to reuse most of the CPU emulation and bits of the graphics emulation. Aside from that it would probably be better off as two separate programs. Speaking of separate programs, there's this lovely bit of code that goes by the name of NesterDC; perhaps you've heard of it...
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

The SNES processor has a 6502 (NES processor) compatibility mode which is probably why there are so many NES to SNES hacks out there, but for the emulator to emulate sound as well as the other parts of the NES console.. it's just too much extra work. They would be reinventing the wheel, since, as Ex-Cyber pointed out, NesterDC already does an excellent job emulating the NES.

I'd rather the DreamSNES team get the SNES done before tackling something of that nature.
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

yes i've herd of nester dc. in fact i use it, I'm just trying to use my imagination thats all. :oops:
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

any way dream snes is allready very cool as is (i'd like to that the creators for that :wink: ) i don't think there is much more stuff to add then what people have allready listed :oops:
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

One small request for future keyboard mappings:

Could you perhaps bind any function that would normally use the Print Screen key to also use the comma as well for the same function?

And also, could any current/future use of the tilde key also be applied to a secondary alternate key as well?

I say this because I have a Hais mini keyboard for the Dreamcast, and among other things, it has no tilde key at all, and QuakeDC(which I used to test the actual placement of the misplaced/mislabeled keys) registers the Print Screen key as a comma.
(Though I am unsure what QuakeDC would register from the same keys on a Sega keyboard)

To my knowledge, this is the only third party keyboard I have ever seen, and it would be really nice to take these hardware limitations for some into account for future key binds.

Thank you.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

2. DreamSNES doesn't save the 50/60 Hz setting to the VMU.This should also be saved in the settings file.
That would not be fun if you changed TV to one that doesn't support the refresh rate you saved before the switch.
flabbyfox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

DBZHD support?

Post by flabbyfox »

Id sure like to see support for DBZHD. Sintendo currently supports the rom but DreamSNES does not.
Play more DC now!
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

nakamichi wrote: F12 - Rumble ON/OFF
Are you sure about that? That would be hard to program it for each game.
(duh)

I know this has been said, a VMU system menu. That would REALLY help.

I had a weird dream that I was playing a version of DreamSNES, and it had netplay! A sort of netplay like Xband! It was so weird! Man, when I woke up, I had tears coming out my eyes! (not really) Too bad no one can figure out the modem yet. :cry:
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

Man, I had the same dream! :lol:
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

This would also be very useful:

A quick save/quick load feature(saving/loading only in RAM,not in the VMU,since it's impossible).It will allow you to check a specific part of a game many times,and also guarantees an easier way to beat some of the tough,cheap games like those Spiderman fighting games from LJN/Acclaim (AARGH!).NesterDC has this feature and I use it a lot.I never save to VMU,the RAM quicksave is enough for me.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

I think that it would be a nice thing to have but it's something that I think the DreamSNES team may consider to be cheating (as I do). Heh.. you miss that jump? You have to start the level over before trying again. ;)

I can see it being useful though if you want to test a certain portion of the game under various conditions... but since I'm sure the DreamSNES team already has something like this using their own debugging tools, I doubt we'd get it.

Reminds me of that GameSaver for the SNES. More features, the better though.
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

donnonotin wrote:Man, I had the same dream! :lol:
Too bad its only a fantasy. *cries* :cry:
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
CanadaKicksAss
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CanadaKicksAss »

I'd like to see an option like in NesterDC to allow manual, or auto frameskip. Other than that i think DreamSNES is great, One of the best DC progs out there.
CanadaKicksAss
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CanadaKicksAss »

I'd like to see an option like in NesterDC to allow manual, or auto frameskip. Other than that i think DreamSNES is great, One of the best DC progs out there.
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

why did you post that twice?
CanadaKicksAss
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu