help me for the love of god

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

help me for the love of god

Post by mrandyk »

everytime i try running pike i get the messege probe for cd rom units failed. i have also tried numerous other ways to get dreamsnes on my cd but i cant seem to get the dang thing. someone help me
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Dont use pike. Just plain burn it with the proper things in the proper places, and then load the cd with DCHakker. Or try and make a SBInducer cd.

There should be a way to take down pike.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

ok so now i have tried numerous different things such as bootdreams and sbinducer and i do get dreamsnes to boot but it does not read my roms. PLEASE HELP i only have 1 cd left and cant get more.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

maybe someone can just make me an image that i can download and then burn with alchohol 120%
Hilltopper
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hilltopper »

have you teried this guide. It is a little old, but still works just fine. Just follow it exactly.

http://www.dcemulation.org/help/dreamsnestutorial.htm
RebirthSeph
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by RebirthSeph »

I can't follow that guide because the links to selfboot are dead. In fact most of the links are dead.

[EDIT] Okay I got dreamsnes working, but it doesn't show any games. I have them in the "roms" folder. What's wrong?
[EDIT 2] Okay it can't be in the roms folder.... bah. I got it working.
Does DreamSNES have no save state?
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

yea i have already tried that guide but when dreamsnes booted the select game thing was empty. and i cant find krypt's rom list creator for dreamsnes 0.98. could my problem be caused by me not unzipping the roms correctly? could someone just make me an image so that i can get this thing right since i cant waste another cd or else it will be october before i get more.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

The roms are zipped? Unzip them. Then burn.

Alternatively, just use Superfamicast.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

super famicast cant have super mario rpg which is the main reason why i am trying dreamsnes. do i have to download discjuggler to burn the cd correctly or will alchohol 120% do it? i have unzipped the roms but i dont know if i did that right. when using sbinducer do i have to delete the no roms here file in the inducer directory? could i ask anymore questions?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Delete that file (no roms here), you can burn with either disjuggler or alcohol, Super Mario RPG isnt very playable on Dreamsnes, ask more questions.

What do you mean you dont know if you unzipped the roms correctly? (No warez, I dont want links) Either it is zipped or it is unzipped. It should be an smc filetype (unless you have some weird multipart roms, in which case they probably wont work.)
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

ok i unzipped it with winzip and i have all my roms in smc filetype such as sns_0001.smc, i guess i will just delete that no roms here thing and just hope it works.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Also, rename the roms to names you want.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

For creating a ROMS.LST I'd suggest Krypt's Romlst.exe:

http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/zacmcd/romlst.exe

No need to have them named "sns_0001.smc" or something like that....
Insane homebrew collector.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

i have pretty much given up on making the image myself considering how much bad luck i have had. if someone would be kind enough to make me a cdi image that i can burn with alchohol 120% with the roms super mario rpg, kirby's dream course, loz a link to the past, saturday night slammasters, sim city 2000, super metriod, tmnt 4, and worms. if you are actually going to try this for me and you need links just say so
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

We wont make that image, but I can send you an image that you could make a swap cd for. The swap cd would be a cd with your roms on it in the right directory. If you want one, give me your address.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

could you explain to me exactly what a swap cd is? i guess i will take the swap cd image thing since i dont know what else to do my address is akronaizl@hotmail.com
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=57494

Post there if you are sure. My post in that topic will give instructions on getting a dreamsnes boot disc (for free in the mail, no proof of purchase required :P ), pending my pm and your subsequent info. Just check that post for more info and then post there if you want one. I will maybe limit it to 10 discs.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

so what exactly am i doing wrong when i burn my dreamsnes cd with sbinducer. i have my roms in the snes folder but they still dont show up when i go to select game? if i get dreamsnes to boot does that mean that i can put a cd in after dreamsnes has booted with just unzipped roms and nothing else on it?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Maybe I am wrong about the dreamsnes sbi structure, and maybe you need to put them in a ROMS folder, if you made the sbi yourself. Try putting the roms in the SNES and in the ROMS folder. Maybe that will work.

If you want a swap disc, you just load the disc in after dreamsnes boots, on the menu screen. Songs will not be available anymore(the mp3s you put on the disc), but it is mainly for playing games anyways. Just remember to put the games in the right directories.

You could also try uberboot, I like that tool, works for me when I make a diskjuggler image. It is on the dcemu dreamsnes page.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

ok so can you tell me exactly how to make a swap cd because im clueless and i cant find very good help on the internet.
and with sbinducer i found no roms folder and in the tutorial it says to put the roms in the snes folder, and there is a readme file in the snes folder that says put roms here.
i tried the swap cd thing but i didnt do it right. i just put the roms on a disk with nothing else which probably wasnt a good idea.
maybe i will try uberboot, and god i hope it will work i have wasted too many cds. but before i try it could someone tell me exactly where every file goes in which directory and such so that i dont mess this one up.