Why a DSNES forum? And why is it called "official"?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why a DSNES forum? And why is it called "official"?

Post by Polymira »

Seriously, DreamSNES doesn't need its own forum! And why is it called the "official" dsnes forum? Did the DSNES team ask to be hosted here? If not, then it isn't the official forum . . .
--pSyCo
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Because Katana contacted Peter Bortas & asked if he'd like to have the official DreamSNES forums hosted here & he said yes.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Hmm not too sure of my opinion on this one but i do know this so ill make a few points:

1-is peter or the dreamsnes team in charge of this forum?
if not they should be

2-the rules for the forum -Have you consulted the dreamsnes team over which rules to use?

3-i also think that on the dreamsnes site when clicking on the forums it should display this forum immediately.

4 bans etc for this hosted forum-some one on the old forum may have been banned by this site but is that fair for a forum that is hosted?

Im not flaming or anything ,i just had a few points i had to raise :)
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

The reason we've got this forum is because we wanted to help the DreamSNES guys out because they were too busy to get their own board set-up again. Now obvously some people think this a bad thing & that sites should only have official forums to make themselves look good or so the admins/mods can go to other sites & brag how they have all these programmers at there site blah blah blah, but I don't think that way. Even if we're only helping them out in a small way & even if they don't post here, I'm glad we have this forum. If you don't like it pSyCo, too bad, nobody's forcing you to come here.

As for your questions Wraggster, everything to do with this forum will be sorted out soon, have patience.

TOPIC CLOSED