A Thought

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
BizzyRok
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

A Thought

Post by BizzyRok » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:04 am

Hey I was wonderindg if there is a way to speed up roms. I know that you can patch action replay files on roms. So this is the idea, is there way to het some kind of patch that sppeds up gameplay? If it works then roms can run faster on Dreamsnes.
My sig was stupidly large so an admin deleted it.
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:15 pm

I really doubt it. What are you going to patch to speed it up? The only thing you can do really to speed them up is turn sound off or to mono.
BizzyRok
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BizzyRok » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:37 pm

I was thinking if there was somekind of action replay patch that speeds up games which could be patched onto roms. I know that you can get action replay cheat pathes so if only there was a speed patch
My sig was stupidly large so an admin deleted it.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:53 pm

Is anyone else as confused by this idea as I am? I mean, on an SNES console, the games run as intended, so why would a "speed patch" make any sense?

Not to mention, DreamSNES runs the games as fast as it's going to until they are ready to work on speeding it up, so it wouldn't make sense in that respect either.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:58 pm

OneThirty8 wrote:Is anyone else as confused by this idea as I am? I mean, on an SNES console, the games run as intended, so why would a "speed patch" make any sense?

Not to mention, DreamSNES runs the games as fast as it's going to until they are ready to work on speeding it up, so it wouldn't make sense in that respect either.
He means like game speed up code. Like in some older games you can make it speed up. Its just frame skipping.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:52 pm

Oh, alright. Put that way I undertand. Thanks for the clarification Cless.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:01 pm

oblachubs wrote:I really doubt it. What are you going to patch to speed it up? The only thing you can do really to speed them up is turn sound off or to mono.
I have seen a noticeable speed increase when turning sound off, but I see no difference between mono and stereo. If I can play a game with sound Id just assume not play it at all.
bizzle

Post by bizzle » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:19 pm

kid, there is no need for the 3 huge sigs.
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:59 pm

Veggita2099 wrote:
oblachubs wrote:I really doubt it. What are you going to patch to speed it up? The only thing you can do really to speed them up is turn sound off or to mono.
I have seen a noticeable speed increase when turning sound off, but I see no difference between mono and stereo. If I can play a game with sound Id just assume not play it at all.
Some games are noticeable with mono turned on and transparencies turned off. Also if the game has a mono setting that helps too.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:07 pm

I think Dreamsnes goes pretty fast. I like its speed i dont know why everyone complaining at least it isnt like the Genesis one.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:24 pm

first of all yes mono does make a difference in speed, (very smal diff mind you) and turning transparencies off also increases speed slightly. But still not enough to make a difference when playing games that run at 70%-80%. As for recoding the ROM file to make it faster... well... i dont think that would help much, and would probubly create a big compatibility problem with DreamSNES