SelfBooting anything for DC (This is for DreamSnes)

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SelfBooting anything for DC (This is for DreamSnes)

Post by clessoulis »

This should boot anything for DC easly without any problems what so ever.

The Easy Steps
-----------------------------------

1) First you'll need to downloadSelfboot

2) Next you'll need to install it. It will automaticly install in the "C:\" and will create a folder named "Selfboot" unless you name it other wise.

3)Next you'll need to download the plain DreamSnes files.

4) Now your gonna need to extract them into the selfboot files. Now just wait before you do tho. Inside the zip will be the folder labled "dreamsnes-0.9.8" open it up. *Note dont copy it over just open it.
Inside this will be a folder named "cd" open this one to.

5) Copy everything from the "Cd" folder into the "C:\Selfboot" directory.

6) Now go back to the zip and open the Dreamsnes-0.9.8 folder again. Copy the files named "CHANGES", "IP.BIN", "LICENCE" and, "README" to the "C:\selfboot" directory.

7) Now in the in the "C:\selfboot" directory you'll see a folder named "roms" put all your roms in that folder. *Note make sure there all unziped before you put them in that file.*

8 ) Run the program selfboot.exe. It will ask you for the path folder. Make sure you select "C:\selfboot" as you target directory.

9) After you have hit the accept button just choose what type of image you want. Disc juggler, nero or iso.

10) Wait while the image is being made and dont cancel it even it its taking a long time. Dont close it untill it say image it made.

11) Finally you just burn it in your favorite burning program in enjoy.

Extras
----------
Theres a folder called "sound" you can put mp3's in there if you'd like to but its not nessary. Make sure the mp3's arent to big and the quality isnt outragous. I've had problems with over high quality sounding mp3s.

*Notes to people.*
Once you get this down you'll notice this works with most anything and its quite easy to do. You'll also notice that its a lot better than waiting for people to update there programs to support the file your burning.

*Updated Note*
You dont need to extract the files to the selfboot folder but if its ur first time it would be best if you just stick to the guide.

Enjoy and please read this before you bug the nice people around here.
Also I mite add pictures to.
Last edited by clessoulis on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

You will end up with selfboot.exe and its tools folder (and possible /inducer) on your CD if you use c:\selfboot for your DreamSNES dir.. its better to use c:\DreamSNES or similar.
6) Now go back to the zip and open the Dreamsnes-0.9.8 folder again. Copy the files named "CHANGES", "IP.BIN", "LICENCE" and, "README" to the "C:\selfboot" directory.
You don't need the changes, licence & readme files.

You also might want to make note of the roms.lst and mp3s in the sound folder :wink:
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

ZacMc wrote:
You will end up with selfboot.exe and its tools folder (and possible /inducer) on your CD if you use c:\selfboot for your DreamSNES dir.. its better to use c:\DreamSNES or similar.
You don't need the changes, licence & readme files.

You also might want to make note of the roms.lst and mp3s in the sound folder :wink:
Thanks for not just saying thank you. BTW it still selfboots with all that crap on it. I was gonna tell people they could use it for disk at there friends house by adding zsnes on it but I didnt wanna go over bored. This is something easy to follow to get people off are backs so they can stop asking for how to selfboot.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Jack_15
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Jack_15 »

why isn't this a sticky? :roll:
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Because of the things ZacMC commented on and the fact that it is a terrible guide in most respects. And I can see more than one person creating coasters trying to follow this guide. That and those who can follow this guide don't really need this guide.
I would highly recommend Selfboot Inducer or even just Selfboot Buddy by itself. They are straightforward enough that they don't really need too much in the way of explanation.
No signature.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

toastman wrote:Because of the things ZacMC commented on and the fact that it is a terrible guide in most respects. And I can see more than one person creating coasters trying to follow this guide. That and those who can follow this guide don't really need this guide.
I would highly recommend Selfboot Inducer or even just Selfboot Buddy by itself. They are straightforward enough that they don't really need too much in the way of explanation.
This guide was as well writin as the rest. If you make coaster using this guide you'd have to be stupid. Plus some people cant even burn DreamSnes with DCfactory. LoL.

Selfbooting for Noobs
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

clessoulis wrote:This guide was as well writin as the rest. If you make coaster using this guide you'd have to be stupid. Plus some people cant even burn DreamSnes with DCfactory. LoL.
Do you know what your guide tells me?
That yes, you finally know how to use Selfboot and Winzip (or other random file compression program).
The problem with your guide is that it has too many steps. I can sum it up real quick.
1) Download Selfboot and DreamSNES.
2) Install Selfboot
3) Extract DreamSNES
4) Copy all your roms to the roms folder in the cd directory of DreamSNES
5) Run Selfboot, choosing the cd directory in DreamSNES.

Anything else is just excessive verbiage to make it look more complicated than it really is. Really, steps 10 and 11 in your guide are bascially wait and enjoy respectively.
No signature.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Your guide mite be to simple and leaves room for people to make misteaks.

Selfbooting for Noobs
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

Dir2boot

click dir2boot exe follow what it says put every think in a folder

click make image cdi or nero burn selfbooting image

but thats just how i do it

i posted one with screen shots on this board once its more simple then dc factory i made a coasters with dc factory .... was not my fault

dir2boot more help then that is not really needed most times
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
LiL_J
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Sorry...but it is bad.

Post by LiL_J »

I was recently in the irc chat room and you had given me this page to make the cd. Im afraid that it didnt work. I ended up making a frisbee as somone commented. You might want to go in and revise exactly how you made yours.

-Added: I just got done useing DcFactory and it almost worked flawlessly. The only problem I had is it added the mp3 fromt he zip that I did not want. That is easily fixable though. So a heads up to those making a bootable cd that this program was the best way to go that I saw.
Last edited by LiL_J on Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: Sorry...but it is bad.

Post by Cless »

LiL_J wrote:I was recently in the irc chat room and you had given me this page to make the cd. Im afraid that it didnt work. I ended up making a frisbee as somone commented. You might want to go in and revise exactly how you made yours.

-Added: I just got done useing DcFactory and it almost flawlessly. The only problem i had is it added the mp3 fromt he zip that I did not want. That is easily fixable though. So a heads up to those making a bootable cd that this program was the best way to go that I saw.
I pitty you if you made a coaster. Plenty of people told me it works flawlessly.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

Cless wrote:
LiL_J wrote:I was recently in the irc chat room and you had given me this page to make the cd. Im afraid that it didnt work. I ended up making a frisbee as somone commented. You might want to go in and revise exactly how you made yours.

-Added: I just got done useing DcFactory and it almost flawlessly. The only problem i had is it added the mp3 fromt he zip that I did not want. That is easily fixable though. So a heads up to those making a bootable cd that this program was the best way to go that I saw.
I pitty you if you made a coaster. Plenty of people told me it works flawlessly.
You FAQ cless is making it harder then it really is plus you read it some were i dont believe you have the mind for it
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

reaper2k2 wrote:
Cless wrote:

You FAQ cless is making it harder then it really is plus you read it some were i dont believe you have the mind for it
This is coming from a lieing almost iliterate person so honestly go away.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

How does he have no posts?
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

I think my post count is reset every 5 minutes or something like that. Its around the 10,000 hoesntly tho if you care.
<Offical DNR & Reaper2k2 Fan> <Blindly waiting for a new OswanDC release>
LiL_J
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Sorry

Post by LiL_J »

Im sorry to dissapoint you but you designed that FAQ for people like me. I fallowed it word for word and got no results. I use DC Factory without useing any FAQs and it worked the very first time without any hitches. You need to learn to take some critisism when posting in forums. Just as a writer gets when he makes a book. Some people fallow the book and think it works and others think he's a crop o' sh*t. Im am not trying to get into a "flame" war. Im just giveing you the honest truth. This is my final word on the subject. -LiL_J
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: Sorry

Post by Cless »

LiL_J wrote:Im sorry to dissapoint you but you designed that FAQ for people like me. I fallowed it word for word and got no results. I use DC Factory without useing any FAQs and it worked the very first time without any hitches. You need to learn to take some critisism when posting in forums. Just as a writer gets when he makes a book. Some people fallow the book and think it works and others think he's a crop o' sh*t. Im am not trying to get into a "flame" war. Im just giveing you the honest truth. This is my final word on the subject. -LiL_J
I've had 6 people IM me saying thx for the guide. So its not my fault you cant follow simple directions.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Cless wrote:
reaper2k2 wrote:
Cless wrote:

This is coming from a lieing almost iliterate person so honestly go away.
This is coming from a lying, almost illiterate person. So honestly, go away.
No signature.
Mugworm_Griblick

Post by Mugworm_Griblick »

argh this frustrates me so much, cause anyone can see Cless is spamming. But not in the usual manner. All he's doing is making useless posts, that he claims are legit.

?@ Cheatah? whats the thing called that you plug things into, the power socket?

<Dilbert> Cheatah
<Dilbert> have you heard the jokes they dont tell fags?
?@ Cheatah? no
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Mugworm_Griblick wrote:argh this frustrates me so much, cause anyone can see Cless is spamming. But not in the usual manner. All he's doing is making useless posts, that he claims are legit.
Hey poor baby lets go cry about me feeding the homeless next.