Help burning DSNES with Nero 5.5

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Theoffspring1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Help burning DSNES with Nero 5.5

Post by Theoffspring1 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:14 am

Up to this point I wasted 10 Cd-R's. I downloaded the nero image of DSNES and burned it but when I put it in my DC it sounds like it's loading but it goes to the DC music screen. I also made my own image with DCfactory but it also loads to the music screen. I don't know what is going on. Help please. Is there certain options that Nero needs to be on to burn the CD-R correctly.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Help burning DSNES with Nero 5.5

Post by JDCreationz » Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:33 am

Theoffspring1 wrote:Up to this point I wasted 10 Cd-R's. I downloaded the nero image of DSNES and burned it but when I put it in my DC it sounds like it's loading but it goes to the DC music screen. I also made my own image with DCfactory but it also loads to the music screen. I don't know what is going on. Help please. Is there certain options that Nero needs to be on to burn the CD-R correctly.
If you burnt the NERO image, then I believe the problem
is not within the files, but with your Dreamcast............

Tell me, does this same problem happen with any of your other
Dremcast games, or audio cds (for that matter)??
Theoffspring1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Theoffspring1 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:09 am

I got 2 Dreamcasts and it does it with both of them. I got the 1st DC on 09/09/99 than the 2nd one for a backup in late 2000. I don't think it is a problem with the files but with Nero. There are so many options that I don't know what to put it on. What CD type should I burn it on.
rob1005
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Help burning DSNES with Nero 5.5

Post by rob1005 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:24 pm

JDCreationz wrote:
Theoffspring1 wrote:Up to this point I wasted 10 Cd-R's. I downloaded the nero image of DSNES and burned it but when I put it in my DC it sounds like it's loading but it goes to the DC music screen. I also made my own image with DCfactory but it also loads to the music screen. I don't know what is going on. Help please. Is there certain options that Nero needs to be on to burn the CD-R correctly.
If you burnt the NERO image, then I believe the problem
is not within the files, but with your Dreamcast............

Tell me, does this same problem happen with any of your other
Dremcast games, or audio cds (for that matter)??

That's not true. I used to play Dreamsnes on my DC all the time then when I burned another copy it just wouldn't go past the damn Sega screen. Man that really pissed me off. Wasted tons of cds
Theoffspring1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Theoffspring1 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:18 pm

Has anybody ever had this problem . I used DCfactory, Uberboot, The pre-made nero image from this webpage and I even tried making a non-booting DSNES Emu but nothing works. The self booting dsnes emu is recognized as audio disc. Someone out there must know my problem.
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:51 pm

check if it's got scratches at the back..i remember my sonic adven2 was working at one stage and then my brother chucked it around and it got scratched will bad and it never booted again....and if the images don't work from here, try consolevision.com one's or try d/juggler? or which dreamcast are you using, cause i think i remember that some of the d/c's produced in 2000 couldn't read cd-r.hmmmm. ...good luck :?