Mega Man X2-X3

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by clessoulis »

Man your last post was so unclear it wasnt even funny.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

clessoulis wrote:
mc wrote:MegaMan X 2/3 uses C4, not SA-1, so a big maybe on that one.
C4 emulation is incomplete in Snes9X.
More than complete enough to play MMX2 and MMX3(go try them on the menu and see) there no noticable graphical flaws.
Not true. The SNES9x implementation of C4 does not do sprites properly, so Megaman is unplayable with it. When you got it to work, you were probably using the ZSNES C4 implementation, which is also shipped with SNES9x. The ZSNES C4 implementation does the sprites, but is of course in assembler so it will only work on x86.

I'm taking a shot at translating the relevant parts to C though, it's not _that_ much code.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

*praises mc*

Selfbooting for Noobs
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

mc wrote:
clessoulis wrote:
mc wrote:MegaMan X 2/3 uses C4, not SA-1, so a big maybe on that one.
C4 emulation is incomplete in Snes9X.
More than complete enough to play MMX2 and MMX3(go try them on the menu and see) there no noticable graphical flaws.
Not true. The SNES9x implementation of C4 does not do sprites properly, so Megaman is unplayable with it. When you got it to work, you were probably using the ZSNES C4 implementation, which is also shipped with SNES9x. The ZSNES C4 implementation does the sprites, but is of course in assembler so it will only work on x86.

I'm taking a shot at translating the relevant parts to C though, it's not _that_ much code.
For cless,
Please log-off and try your post again, please log-off.......
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

wtf are you talking bout wanderer?

Selfbooting for Noobs
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

IceBreaker
Said
"But it doesn't matter to me, I have the Saturn version of MMX3."

Ummm, dude, I think you mean Megaman X4. I don't think X3 was ever released on Saturn. lol I could be wrong, but I have never heard of it man. If there was a version of X3 on Saturn
Can you please, like give me any info your have on it? lol

mc

Said
"MegaMan X 2/3 uses C4, not SA-1, so a big maybe on that one.
C4 emulation is incomplete in Snes9X."

Dude, if I may say, I think they completed that in this version of Snes9x:
http://www.zophar.net/files/s9x1.39.zip
I am not a coder, but the way it plays MegamanX2-X3 seems really nice. Just in case you don't have the source code man it's been released here: http://www.zophar.net/files/s9xs.zip
I sincerely hope you take a look at this source code and see if it's feasable to add the parts for some of the other chips to be emulated :) No pressure though dude, heck, you and your team(as I have said on many occasions) are doing a great job on this. As it stands even without these added games I would rather use your emulator then ever play again on a PC :) I do hope though that these 2 links help you.

P.S. I sincerely hope direct linking to zophar.net's download of these files isn't a bad thing. I would really hate to be doing something wrong there. If I am, please forgive. I didn't know.
(btw yes I have read the rules, I don't remember there being anything in them against this, but I hope there isn't :) )

P.S.2 Ok, I see you replied, mc. Have you got the same source as I linked to? (just curious) Still hope it helps lol

P.S.3 Ok, lol those links didn't work anyway lol. Just head here to find them and look under Snes9x 1.39: http://www.zophar.net/snes.html
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
IceBreaker
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IceBreaker »

Link wrote: Ummm, dude, I think you mean Megaman X4. I don't think X3 was ever released on Saturn. lol I could be wrong, but I have never heard of it man. If there was a version of X3 on Saturn
Can you please, like give me any info your have on it? lol
Dude you don't know what you are missing. It was never released in the USA for whatever reason.

Here is the Japanese version

I have a picture of the European version somewhere but I can't find it.

Link wrote: P.S. I sincerely hope direct linking to zophar.net's download of these files isn't a bad thing. I would really hate to be doing something wrong there. If I am, please forgive. I didn't know.
(btw yes I have read the rules, I don't remember there being anything in them against this, but I hope there isn't :) )
For some reason I have seen threads get closed just because someone posted a link to Zophar. There is nothing wrong with that site and as far as I am aware they have never hosted warez.

Is it me, or am I the man? 8)
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

Link: DreamSNES is based on Snes9X 1.39. As I said, the only reason Snes9X can run MegamanX2 (on a PC) is that it also contains the ZSNES code (asm).

That said, I've now made an implementation of the sprite-related functions using the ZSNES code as reference, so MMX2 and MMX3 _will_ be playable in the next release (MMX2 even at 100% speed). We'll see if I bother with the vector graphics stuff though, as it's not essential to the actual game.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

mc wrote:Link: DreamSNES is based on Snes9X 1.39. As I said, the only reason Snes9X can run MegamanX2 (on a PC) is that it also contains the ZSNES code (asm).

That said, I've now made an implementation of the sprite-related functions using the ZSNES code as reference, so MMX2 and MMX3 _will_ be playable in the next release (MMX2 even at 100% speed). We'll see if I bother with the vector graphics stuff though, as it's not essential to the actual game.

me hailz the great MC.

100% MMX2 will be awsome, i see great things in the DSNES future.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

mc wrote:Link: DreamSNES is based on Snes9X 1.39. As I said, the only reason Snes9X can run MegamanX2 (on a PC) is that it also contains the ZSNES code (asm).

Personaly if i was you i wouldnt worry about the vector graphic right now but, it will be a pain for those 2 boss's that use it.

Hey go check back with the lastest version of ZSNES that didnt use graphic packs and look at its StarOcean coding. That would be a nice start to add that to DreamSNES. Or if your really feeling nice add SDD graphical pack support.

Selfbooting for Noobs
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

[quote="clessoulis"]Hey go check back with the lastest version of ZSNES that didnt use graphic packs and look at its StarOcean coding. That would be a nice start to add that to DreamSNES. Or if your really feeling nice add SDD graphical pack support.[/quote]

Are you saying they managed to get SDD-1 decryption working in the latest ZSnes? That would be interesting.
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi again,

Hey Icebreaker, Dude now I gotta find that game lol. Thanks very much for the pic and info man. Now I am truly on a mission lol :)

mc,

Dude that's totally awesome news. I'm with 404NotFound on this one all hail mc, all hail the great Dsnes team :) thanks sooooooo much for your work on this totally stellar emu. One more question mc, from what you said it sounds like you and your team have got a nice speed boost in store for your fans :) dude is that what you have been up to? lol If so, may I be the first to say congrats :) btw wanted to just say thank you for taking time out to hear even someone who knows nothing about coding man. I am honoured that you listen :) (bows)
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

We'll see if I bother with the vector graphics stuff though, as it's not essential to the actual game.
I'll bet it is essential when you have to fight the bosses that are drawn with vector graphics...
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

sqrt(-1)+1 wrote:
clessoulis wrote:Hey go check back with the lastest version of ZSNES that didnt use graphic packs and look at its StarOcean coding. That would be a nice start to add that to DreamSNES. Or if your really feeling nice add SDD graphical pack support.
Are you saying they managed to get SDD-1 decryption working in the latest ZSnes? That would be interesting.
No gingo17 had a private thingy going on that go farther than ZSNES team did. Maybe that could be a start as Graphic packs wont work on DreamSNES. I checked and there just wouldnt be enough room for anything but StarOcean.

Selfbooting for Noobs
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
We'll see if I bother with the vector graphics stuff though, as it's not essential to the actual game.
I'll bet it is essential when you have to fight the bosses that are drawn with vector graphics...
Maybe. I didn't get further than the first boss... :-)
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

If it'll help, I'll play through them and take notes on where the vector bosses are (or provide save states, etc). They're not all over the place IIRC, just 2 or 3 of them in each game.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Ex-Cyber wrote:If it'll help, I'll play through them and take notes on where the vector bosses are (or provide save states, etc). They're not all over the place IIRC, just 2 or 3 of them in each game.
What is a vector boss by the way? I know that Flash uses vector graphics, are htey anything like that?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

They're drawn as wireframes (i.e. unfilled polygons), and IIRC they can be scaled and rotated. It probably has some things in common with Flash, but I've programmed neither Flash nor C4, so I don't really know.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

404NotFound wrote:
What is a vector boss by the way? I know that Flash uses vector graphics, are htey anything like that?

For raster, think grid, pixel by pixel, graph paper, etch-a-sketch.

For vector, think nodes, curves, linear-based, mathematical.

Raster images are based on a grid of pixels, which are edited in groups of pixels rather than objects or shapes. It has to contain the color information and position for every single pixel in the image.

Vector graphics are made on mathematical expressions and utilize nodes or handles at control points. They contain the radius, circumference, width, position, and all the mathematical equations necessary to draw a circle, for example, but not information for each and every individual pixel. (MegamanX series doesn't use curves, only angles and straight lines, but you get the point)

Okay, I'll shut up now..;)
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
MaRK
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by MaRK »

mc wrote:That said, I've now made an implementation of the sprite-related functions using the ZSNES code as reference, so MMX2 and MMX3 _will_ be playable in the next release (MMX2 even at 100% speed). We'll see if I bother with the vector graphics stuff though, as it's not essential to the actual game.
You mean that MMX will run at 100% without frameskipping?
So, if MMX2 will run at 100%, what about the other games? They will run at 100% too?