Can't read multisession CDs in DCHakker

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Silent Marauder
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can't read multisession CDs in DCHakker

Post by Silent Marauder »

I'm having trouble correctly reading multisession CDs in DCHakker. A disc with only one session reads perfectly. A CD with two or more sessions will cause my Dreamcast's drive to start chirping as it takes 45-60 seconds to read the disc. When it's done, only the files burned during the first two sessions are shown in DCHakker. A computer can read the third (and beyond) sessions just fine, but they don't show up in DCHakker.

I'm using Nero 5.5.10.20 to burn, using ISO Level 2 filesystem, Mode 1 sectors, Joliet enabled, Character set ISO 9660, and none of the "Relax ISO restrictions" boxes are checked.

What settings do you guys use to get your multisession discs to work? I've been hearing so much about how multisession + DCHakker is great if you don't have a coder's cable, but I just can't get it to work.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Try BootDreams!
Silent Marauder
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Silent Marauder »

I tried that. It didn't work. BootDreams sits there, doing nothing except locking up my computer.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

WTF well that shouldn't do that.

Anyway. When I used to use Nero, I set all relaxed restrictions, ISO 1, Jolet and mode 1.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I always used the default that nero gave me, and never had a problem with it.