Dreamcast Development Environment ISO r2

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emptythought »

Yeah, it'll install GCC 3.4.2.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Well, after uninstalling and reinstalling it two more times without success, I decided to install Cygwin from the DC Dev ISO R1, and the rest from the DC Dev ISO R2. Now everything is working. :)
fackue wrote:have you tried using BootDreams to burn DiscJuggler images?
No. I'll give it a try.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Dreamcast alive
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dreamcast alive »

Now there is only one problem left after the installation of KOS development environment.
Have anybody an idea what I can do to see my path in BASH? I can type an path but I can?t see it. Must there perhaps be an entry in the profile file under Cygwin\etc\ ? If that file have something to do with it, can anyone post the entries of this file? Thanks to everybody for a good advise :) !!!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

You can do what I did, and install Cygwin from the R1 disc. And then you can install the rest from the R2 disc.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
WGR7
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by WGR7 »

After a lot of time trying setup DC_DEV_R2 I've decided to build a Dreamcast Enviroment on Linux system.I've get a script on other topic in this forum and finaly I geting a working sh and arm compiler(Linux system is very much better! I'm now a NIX user).

My question now is, how to setup Code::Blocks for a DC compiler? I see a topic but incomplete. Someone knows how to?
WGR7

"procuramos a luz mas contemplamos a escurid?o"
Dreamcast alive
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dreamcast alive »

Yes, a new/complete tutorial to set up a DC compiler for Code Blocks, Dev C++ or Visual C++ Express 2005 would be great :D . I?ve tried to make one with Dev C++ after a the tutorial on this site http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/devcconfig.php.
I searched for the correct dirs for binaries, libraries on my pc... but in the end I got compile errors. Perhaps this tutorial is very old.

But perhaps this would help:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18817
It's a wizard for Visual C++ but I assume my OS Win98SE is too old.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I was wondering if there have been any advances since the dcdev iso2 that would warrant the creation of a V3. I'm getting ready to set up a dev environment on my new PC and want to make sure I have the newest and greatest ;) Also, are there any good instructions on how to use gdb with the DC?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I thought about updating the autorun program to install the tools on the disc but that's not exactly worth repackaging for a new release. The Code::Block configuration currently has my eye on it...
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Simply dropping everything into a subfolder under the Code::Blocks install folder doesn't work right. It probably doesn't like the space in "Program Files" since it tells me it can't find cygintl-3.dll.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

why not install it into /cygwin/code::blocks or something similar?

also, I've been thinking a great idea for it would be to include a bunch of classic DC homebrews or emus (with some PDroms) that could be automatically placed into a /projects/examples/ folder. That way everyone that starts out isn't only given the paltry kos 'examples' but functioning programs.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I wanted to create a small DC environment installer for Code::Blocks but since most of Cygwin is still used small isn't exactly gonna happen.

What about using MinGW?
also, I've been thinking a great idea for it would be to include a bunch of classic DC homebrews or emus (with some PDroms) that could be automatically placed into a /projects/examples/ folder. That way everyone that starts out isn't only given the paltry kos 'examples' but functioning programs.
That probably could work.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Oh, and (I just installed the deviso, so this is a real-time complaint =P) you should find the newest stable (not chui's) addon SDL libs to add into v3 (SDL_mixer, SDL_image, SDL_ttf, and the likes).
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

So, is V2 using Chui's SDL? Did V1 use it also?
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

v2 doesn't have anything. I can't remember what v1 had. I say we should include gpf's sdl build (considering we're using his toolchain and whatnot =P)
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

If I have time at some point, I should be able to compile SMPEG for DC as well--or, at least I can make sure it compiles under Linux and send somebody an archive with a DC makefile that should work on cygwin. It probably won't play videos well, but I think it's needed if you want to get MP3 files to work with SDL_mixer. Reaper ported it quite a while ago, but if I recall correctly, his version had a bunch of stuff commented out and some wierd stuff hacked in to make it play nice with KOS 1.2.0, but that stuff shouldn't be necessary with KOS 1.3.x.
lo
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by lo »

Fragger wrote:You can do what I did, and install Cygwin from the R1 disc. And then you can install the rest from the R2 disc.
Hallo,
where can I find the R1 disc?
Isn't it possible to make a new tutorial with Dev C++ support?
Please.

Greetz
lo_
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

lo wrote:where can I find the R1 disc?
http://www.consolevision.com/downloads/dcdev_r1.zip
lo wrote:Isn't it possible to make a new tutorial with Dev C++ support?
Please.
There's this tutorial at DCEm UK though it looks like you noticed it already. I don't know C or use any compilers like that but I did think about redoing a tutorial for setting up Dev-C++ for Dreamcast programming. It's still on my todo list, I just haven't found the time to actually sit down and do it yet.
lo
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by lo »

@fackue
Thanks for the fast reply and the link for the dcdev r1.zip.

The Tutorial at DCEmu UK is for an old KOS ~v 1.25.

A Tutorial for Dev-C++ and the a newer KOS would be great, because it's easier to use for non programmers or noobs (like me).

I try once again to get the KOS and Dev-C++ run, maybe the rev1 helps.

Thanks for your help.

Greetz
lo_
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I didn't realize it used an older KOS version. I'll look into it before the end of the month.