pvr_mem_malloc

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

pvr_mem_malloc

Post by Quzar »

can I manipulate (read, write, move) the data in the place pointed to by the returned pointer manually? if not, is there a way for me to allocate memory in the PVR's ram for anything that is not a texture?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

You can, but expect it to be fairly slow (compared to main memory access).
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Warmtoe »

:-) Now I see what your MAME idea was - I had to do something similar for Simpsons!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Warmtoe wrote::-) Now I see what your MAME idea was - I had to do something similar for Simpsons!
hehe, yea. i'm thinking of setting it up so that there is a new variable in the region struct that will be set in the rom loading part of the driver (where it sets what files get loaded into what regions) and have it load the sound files into the pvr ram =P.

i have yet to get this to work on any game larger than the total main ram size though, which leads me to believe i havnt changed things properly =\.

any tips you can give me?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man