Hows the Programming for DC coming along?

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hows the Programming for DC coming along?

Post by Tech^salvager »

Hows the Programming for DC coming along? Has there been any big advances yet? Or more things you can do since the last time I was here?
Thanks for the update
Tech^
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Start by saying when was the last time you were here.

You can also read the news.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I don't know how long it's been since your last visit, but people are still plugging away. Looks like some new emulators will be coming out at some point in the not-too-distant future, new games are always in development, and KOS is still being worked on.

Good enough answer?
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

OneThirty8 wrote:I don't know how long it's been since your last visit, but people are still plugging away. Looks like some new emulators will be coming out at some point in the not-too-distant future, new games are always in development, and KOS is still being worked on.

Good enough answer?
Yeah thanks OneThrity8.
Well I am still learning C++. Actually I am taking a intro to it now, but I have started working on a FPS game. Theres is 6 people on the Team including me. If you like to visit are forums just say and I will post them up here.
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

Dang I wish there was a OS for the DC. No I don't mean linux or BSD.
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

Has anyone of those PS emu's been worked on lately? In the last months?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Tech^salvager wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:I don't know how long it's been since your last visit, but people are still plugging away. Looks like some new emulators will be coming out at some point in the not-too-distant future, new games are always in development, and KOS is still being worked on.

Good enough answer?
Yeah thanks OneThrity8.
Well I am still learning C++. Actually I am taking a intro to it now, but I have started working on a FPS game.
Cool. I'm still learning C myself. I don't have the benefit of a formal education in programming, so I tend to learn what I need as I need it and therefore there's a lot of really basic stuff that I just don't have a firm grasp on.

What type of engine are you using for your game? There's a lot of cool stuff you can do with something simple like a Wolfenstein-ish Ray Casting engine. There are some pretty simple tricks you can do to simulate looking up or down, jumping, flying, crouching... Then again, there's even more cool stuff you can do when you're not limited by the geometric constraints of something like a Ray Casting engine.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Can you give a description of what you do mean, then? KallistiOS is an OS too, after all...
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

Were using the Irrlicht engine. Irrlicht.sourceforge.net I'm going with openGL rendering so It can be ported to different OS's. I am probably going to port it to Skyos after a while.
so I tend to learn what I need as I need it and therefore there's a lot of really basic stuff that I just don't have a firm grasp on
I do it that way to. I feel I learn better that way.
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Can you give a description of what you do mean, then? KallistiOS is an OS too, after all...
Like a OS thats boots directly to a GUI. And I know about KOS. Even a shell would work lol.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Tech^salvager wrote:Were using the Irrlicht engine. Irrlicht.sourceforge.net I'm going with openGL rendering so It can be ported to different OS's. I am probably going to port it to Skyos after a while.
Cool. I downloaded that a while ago. I thought it was pretty nice, and it will do software rendering too which is a plus in my eyes.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Tech^salvager wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
Like a OS thats boots directly to a GUI. And I know about KOS. Even a shell would work lol.
There is one, and another in development.

Dreamscript. I personally havnt used it, but its supposed to be really full featured (but you have to write scripts to run it).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

quzar wrote:
Tech^salvager wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
There is one, and another in development.

Dreamscript. I personally havnt used it, but its supposed to be really full featured (but you have to write scripts to run it).
Well thats good to know. Thanks quzar not sure if you remmeber who I was, but you probably do. I'm going to run a search on Dreamscript and see what its all about.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I do =P. Maybe I'll try another stab at that game you wanted ported after my current projects are done (although that basically means 2010 =P).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

Seems Dreamscript is old. The post that shows the site and version 0.1 was posted back in 2002.
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Dreamscript was never really full featured as only a few things had been added. It was a wrapper around KOS functions so that you could do some limited things, like manipulate graphics, play sound effects, use controller, and etc. so it was more understandable than C/C++, kind of like an individual programming language.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

No, there was one released this year by the russian programmer S.W.A.T.
Tech^salvager
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tech^salvager »

Well I searched for Dreamscripts but couldn't find anything on it other then the same url which leads nowhere. Quzar do you remeber about the other one. Yeah I got that old thread locked i didn't notice it was that old until later lol.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Sorry I had the wrong name, i was thinking Dreamshell

http://www.dc-swat.h12.ru/download/dc.php

btw Im pretty sure Dreamscript is what scherzo is calling that js port to the DC ...