TMNT MAME SGA Sourcecode Request

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well it's double calling the cpu core it will cause lots of problems lucky it does not on tmnt. To much some thing i did on neogeo cd and have on mame before but it broke emulation pretty much on a lot of drivers.

I use my old source since it can load over 8 meg roms zipped that is later source you cant do that.

Want to know about dc mame ive worked on it for 2 years i know all the tricks and mostly every part of the source and what it does and how it does it.

Metafox think it's about time this feud or what ever it is ended were both passonate people about sega and dreamcast i do my best in my way for the dreamcast scene. You do yours. We should work together not apart.

I released the changes to the driver and with every one watching is showing im not the one to keep any thing going.

Source is uploaded to my server.
http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/sga.htm

refresh it a bit some times a problem.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Yea, the double call of the execution for some reason has a much smoother output than frameskipping or the like. the downside is you literally lose half of your output and input (although you CAN call to process input between the two cpu calls). The whole idea of it is that you only render half of the frames. originally NeoCD ran only at 30fps (first version porting until the 6th?).

Also metafox, are you sure that the makefile specifically is counted as part of the sourcecode? i dont think it really is...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Well, it does affect the code at the time of compile that is output from the compiler for linking, so I'm pretty sure that information containing compiler settings, versions of libraries/gcc/etc., and even the platform it's compiled on are covered since different platforms may have different word sizes and etc. during the compile phase therefore modifying the source, albeit dynamically :S.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

MetaFox wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:If you use my idea please credit me. be looking for your changes or sga builds with credit to me if you uses my idea simple one at that.
No problem, I always credit people in my posts (my former releases were lacking readmes, but I've always given full credit in message board posts and newsposts).
Ian Micheal wrote:Intresting why do you want it?
I'm working on the MAME for Dreamcast project I've been meaning to do for a while. I noted your post about how you got around a 10FPS increase using a trick, and I was curious as to what it was.
nice see that someone still work on this :)
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

ragnarok2040 wrote:Well, it does affect the code at the time of compile that is output from the compiler for linking, so I'm pretty sure that information containing compiler settings, versions of libraries/gcc/etc., and even the platform it's compiled on are covered since different platforms may have different word sizes and etc. during the compile phase therefore modifying the source, albeit dynamically :S.
Why not just upload the compiler you're using while you're at it. :roll:
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

That's not really needed if you understand the way gcc handles things. Although, my information on how compilers work is a little old (damn good C books for being almost 6 years old now), there's probably ways around different architectures, like setting a standard size for pointers and etc.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Alexvrb wrote:Why not just upload the compiler you're using while you're at it. :roll:
Because we're all using pretty much the same compiler anyway.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Hey, why does Ian have a muppet badge? If he don't want it why don't admins give him back his previous badge?