PPPPUURRRRUU PURU!

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Kamjin
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kamjin »

:lolsmash: Caught me off guard again.. coffee up the nose..
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

heh, only time will tell how long it takes before someone integrates the puru puru driver with the jpeg image viewer or dcdivx :P

Anyways, has anyone had any more luck with figuring out all the specifics of the different params you can use, and for what brands of packs they work on? I'd still like to make a more complete driver for KOS, where you don't have to just test out different hex values with that demo I made and then just use them in your program. I have a job now, and I'm done with school for at least a while (probably until spring), so I plan on buying some more gear to mess around with.

And Kamjin, are you still able to use that gear you used to figure out how the rumble pack worked? Cause it would be kind of cool to figure out some of the other devices, like the microphone, maybe even the Dreameye..
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

here is the result of my tests with a madcatz rumble pack:

the 2nd byte is the frequency, it can vary from 0x07 to 0x3b.
the 3rd byte is ther power.
the 4th byte is the type, 0x1[2,4,6,8,a,c,e] for short vibration, 0x1[1,3,5,7,9,b,d,f] for long vibration.

also as you can see in the previous code i posted i removed the "wait the purupuru to accept it" part, it was slowing things down when the rumbling was called in a loop.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Kamjin
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Kamjin »

SinisterTengu wrote:heh, only time will tell how long it takes before someone integrates the puru puru driver with the jpeg image viewer or dcdivx :P
Someone should move this to the Dev forum!!!! :P
Anyways, has anyone had any more luck with figuring out all the specifics of the different params you can use, and for what brands of packs they work on? I'd still like to make a more complete driver for KOS, where you don't have to just test out different hex values with that demo I made and then just use them in your program. I have a job now, and I'm done with school for at least a while (probably until spring), so I plan on buying some more gear to mess around with.
Yeah, I actually played around a bit more, and it's pretty much what Speud wrote, Of course there are some units that break the formula, but if you use stops 0x10, then they'll be fine.. since the remaining trouble makers don't stop rumbling..
And Kamjin, are you still able to use that gear you used to figure out how the rumble pack worked? Cause it would be kind of cool to figure out some of the other devices, like the microphone, maybe even the Dreameye..
The setup I have now probably won't be near good enough to catch what the bigger toys do.. I'll have to redesign it a bit to do more serial to par conversion, so I can get more data, and actuall be able to filter the garbage out.. I was thinking around xmas. I'm still waiting for a mic/seaman to appear locally. mine died while the AFO servers were still online