Need help compiling sumthing...

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Post Reply
robertjuric
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:30 pm
Location: High, So High
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Need help compiling sumthing...

Post by robertjuric » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:20 pm

Ok, I downloaded the source of TrepDos (a partial SNES emulator) and made a couple changes to it (print the value of a unknown variable i need to know) but im not sure how to compile all the files back together. Do I add all the files to a project and then just compile or what?
We are the people our parents warned us about - Jimmy Buffett.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
Posts: 2718
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:09 pm
Location: On top of the World
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Need help compiling sumthing...

Post by clessoulis » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:56 pm

robertjuric wrote:Ok, I downloaded the source of TrepDos (a partial SNES emulator) and made a couple changes to it (print the value of a unknown variable i need to know) but im not sure how to compile all the files back together. Do I add all the files to a project and then just compile or what?
Look for the main file add it to project source and it should find the other files and compile them in automatically. This is how it works in VC++.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
robertjuric
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:30 pm
Location: High, So High
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Well...

Post by robertjuric » Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:45 pm

Well I am using Bloodshed Dev-C++ 4.9 and
I only have the following files:

65c816.cpp
65c816.h
adrsmode.cpp
adrsmode.h
memory~1.cpp
memory~1.h
opcodes1.cpp
opcodes1.h
regist~1.h
snesstru.h
trepdos.cpp - Main File ??
and some other misc files, do I create a new empty project and put all of these in there and compile??
We are the people our parents warned us about - Jimmy Buffett.
User avatar
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:08 am
Location: New Orleans
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Well...

Post by toastman » Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:08 pm

robertjuric wrote:Well I am using Bloodshed Dev-C++ 4.9 and
I only have the following files:

65c816.cpp
65c816.h
adrsmode.cpp
adrsmode.h
memory~1.cpp
memory~1.h
opcodes1.cpp
opcodes1.h
regist~1.h
snesstru.h
trepdos.cpp - Main File ??
and some other misc files, do I create a new empty project and put all of these in there and compile??
You need to put all of the .cpp files in the project.
No signature.
robertjuric
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:30 pm
Location: High, So High
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

ok

Post by robertjuric » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:30 pm

oh i tried to compile all of them together and it was takin forever so i quite compiling it. So then what do i do with the .h files??
We are the people our parents warned us about - Jimmy Buffett.
User avatar
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:08 am
Location: New Orleans
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: ok

Post by toastman » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:07 am

robertjuric wrote:oh i tried to compile all of them together and it was takin forever so i quite compiling it. So then what do i do with the .h files??
Ignore. The source code should have lines like: #include "stuffystuff.h"
The include directive pretty much copies and pastes whatever is in the included file directly into the current file.
No signature.
Post Reply