Have 2 HKT-01 Dev kits. Need help

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
springbok
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Have 2 HKT-01 Dev kits. Need help

Post by springbok »

Hi All,

I am fortunate to be in the possession of 2 HKT-01 Dev kits. They are in their original boxes, and in pretty spectacular condition. I also have the
a disc labeled [Sega Dreamcast System Disc 2]

The instruction is to sell them. In order to prepare them for sale, I wanted to get both of them up and running, in a FULL dev environment. Meaning... connected to a Windown 98/NT PC with all necessary software installed, and being able to compile and run test code.

Here is what I have done so far.

1) They have both been cleaned thoroughly.
2) Both boot and are able to load games.
3) I have purchased 2 Mini-PC's capable of running windows 98/NT
4) Have installed SCSI adapters in the PC's. I also have the SCSI terminators and cables.

That is all the easy stuff. I had actually received these more than 18 months ago.. but have only gotten back to the project now. I saved off links back then that I thought would help me, but many appear to be stale now.

My first objective is to get the Kit connected to the PC. I am very curious to find out what is on the internal HD's of the Kits. They have NOT been wiped. So the first thing I was hoping to get help on was how I go about setting up the PC's, and connecting to the kits. I DO NOT want to go the linux route. I would like to set up the windows dev environment specifically. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My e-mail is doplussee@gmail.com

Thanks.

dcs.jpg
Last edited by springbok on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Have 2 HKT-01 Dev kits. Need help

Post by BlueCrab »

In theory, if you set the device IDs and such correctly, you should be able to read the hard drives without too much trouble with what you have already. It really should only involve getting your PC set up with the SCSI cards and drivers, setting the device IDs properly for the hard drives, and just connecting it all together (making sure everything is powered on, of course).

I'd suggest looking around Obscure Gamers or some archive of posts from Assembler Games to find more information. I know there's plenty of good resources in those two places.