Building reicast for Windows x64

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
davediff
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Building reicast for Windows x64

Post by davediff »

Hi folks, new to reicast and looking to build master for windows x64. I was able to follow the steps in the readme.md to get things built for android in android studio. I don't see any steps for help getting the windows build going. I opened the .sln file under shell in VS2017 (also tried VS2015 but got same errors). Errors I'm seeing under core directory lead me to believe I should be compiling with gcc, but still confused because I'm seeing macros referencing MSVC . Any tips appreciated and i'm happy to update the readme.md! FYI I'm also in discord chat and asked this on the #learning channel if you have an questions about my setup.
davediff
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Building reicast for Windows x64

Post by davediff »

I got some help over on discord and was able to successfully build on Windows using msys2. I'll update this post with the full instructions shortly
mrneo240
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mrneo240 »

then he never did....
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

Actually basic visual studio setup is enough to build Reicast. What errors exactly do you have? Can you copy them there?
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain: