DreamSDK R2 is now available!
A lot of improvements and changes are included in this release, like:
- Full Code::Blocks IDE integration, including debugging on the real hardware, directly from the IDE!
- DreamSDK Manager was redesigned and improved a lot.
- A lot of new tools are included now, like makedisc, allowing you to create CD releases of your programs.
- The Help content was improved a lot and it's now available online (and of course, it's still available in the package too).
- A lot of other things that you will find out by yourself!
Download DreamSDK R2.
Below the original text concerning the DreamSDK R1 version.
So after almost 2 months of intensive work, I'm really happy to announce you that my latest project is done: DreamSDK R1 is out.
DreamSDK is a modern, ready-to-use environment for the Sega Dreamcast development designed for the Microsoft Windows platform.
Main features are:
- Fast & easy to install: just double-click on the setup file and let the program install & configure everything for you.
- Ready to use: All the required toolchains (for the SuperH & Yamaha AICA) are already prebuilt and ready-to-use.
- Lightweight: Thanks to the MinGW/MSYS environment, the space used on the disk is minimal.
- Configurable & upgradable: With the included DreamSDK Manager tool, manage DreamSDK components really easily.
- Respectful of the standards: DreamSDK is 100% compliant with the KallistiOS standards and documentation.
Please also note that I'm using the official KallistiOS repositories (kos and kos-ports) and not my repositories (which contains various fixes on the build systems). The exception is dcload-serial and dcload-ip: I'm using my repositories as official ones will not compile on MinGW/MSYS without my fixes.
DreamSDK was built to be the greatest environment for Sega Dreamcast development on Microsoft Windows. I hope you'll enjoy it as much I enjoyed to make this package.
Note: This package contains only free & open source tools and libraries.