PVR YUV->UYVY Conversion

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
SWAT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Re: PVR YUV->UYVY Conversion

Post by SWAT »

I'm not sure what this will work faster than if i packed in to YUV422 on C and sended by DMA complete texture :)
It turns out that the conversion YUV420p to YUV422 simpler than the division into macro blocks, and sends by one request to the DMA, in contrast to the converter...
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by PH3NOM »

SWAT wrote:I'm not sure what this will work faster than if i packed in to YUV422 on C and sended by DMA complete texture :)
It turns out that the conversion YUV420p to YUV422 simpler than the division into macro blocks, and sends by one request to the DMA, in contrast to the converter...
Yeah, I was bummed out when I got this far, to find out its really not much faster to do this way.

Maybe the best thing we can do is optimize the YUV420p to YUV422 packing in SH4 ASM?
SWAT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by SWAT »

I think yes.