Who is buying a Pandora?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Maturion
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Who is buying a Pandora?

Post by Maturion »

Who of you is buying a Pandora?

That device looks so cool... although I am waiting a bit until I buy it.... first I want to see, what the homebrew scene is doing for the Pandora...

http://www.openpandora.org - http://www.openpandora.de
Specially Cork

Re: Who is buying a Pandora?

Post by Specially Cork »

Looks great, but I can't find where on the site all this great new homebrew entertainment is - the sort of thing that would make a £199 handheld worth the money. I don't want to sound too negative, but the same old snes emulators, tetris clones and quake ports aren't really that fun anymore.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I don't want to sound too negative, but the same old snes emulators, tetris clones and quake ports aren't really that fun anymore.
so fucking true
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I think the thing has a hell of a lot of potential, but I just don't have the necessary combination of money, free time, and enthusiasm at the moment. Besides, I don't even know when they're taking orders for the next run.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

I may pick one up since the only handheld I have is a fat nintendo ds now a days.

But, when I had a gp2x (xmas gift from ex) , I ended up selling it after not too long. It just didn't measure up to the sony psp at the time (it didn't have a sleep option, it sucked ad playing video, and it royaly failed at a dpad)....

I liked the idea of the pandora having wifi / keyboard. But I have an iPhone, i don't need a pda in my console.

Ugh.
--pSyCo
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

BoneyCork wrote:Looks great, but I can't find where on the site all this great new homebrew entertainment is - the sort of thing that would make a £199 handheld worth the money. I don't want to sound too negative, but the same old snes emulators, tetris clones and quake ports aren't really that fun anymore.
I agree with this.

I'm still getting a Pandora though. I'm really more interested in using it to watch movies, check email, browse the net, listen to podcasts, etc etc. The latest video shows it being used as a portable Linux desktop, which is very cool.

Also, they claim it gets 15 hour battery life, which means I'll be using it way more than I used GP2X. I never wanted to turn it on cause I figured the batteries would just die mid-game. :(
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Probably the best thing to do differently with it over the older handhelds is play older PC games. I mean, you could play Fallout on it, right? What's better than portable Fallout?

But, I still haven't caught up with all the releases on my DS I have, so I dunno if I'll getting one anytime soon...
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

give me portable quake 3 arena with netplay and i'd be hooked. Hell I still play that on my dreamcast.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

I do not own a GP2X/GP32 or ever had one so this makes the Pandora a lot more interesting for me. The thing works with several linux distributions, including openSUSE, so I am sure one day we'll see a working quake 3 port... one day... But hell Q3-DC is still the best. :)
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Thought I'd mention that looking at the OpenPandora forums, it appears several people are working on Quake 3 ports. Apparently it should run quite well - some people were even saying Doom 3 *might* be possible once the source comes out. :o

I should think Netplay would be in as well. Sure hope so.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I like it but I need a new 360. That thing is almost twice as much as one. Hard to justify the price tag.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead