Anyone else enjoying Fable 2?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone else enjoying Fable 2?

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

If not, I highly suggest it! The first one didn't impress me too much, but this one is loads better. Same formula really, with a few more fun features, and a world 10 times bigger than the first.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Anyone else enjoying Fable 2?

Post by Nick »

Yeah, I finished up the whole thing today. Almost all the sidequests, besides beating the crucible record/shooting range record, which I don't give a flying fuck about. Great game, but has some bugs. And there's a shit ton to do, but it's all shallow as a kiddy pool. It's like going to the beach when the waves are 2 feet high. It's still fun, but you're left with this nagging feeling about how much better it could be. Falling in love, buying houses, winning people's affection, combat -- it's all as easy as pushing one button over and over again. I've seen the sock puppet expression about 100 times more than I ever wanted to.

I'd still give the game like an 8.5, I just think that given how much Moleyneux (spelled wrong probably) hyped it and Fable 1, it needs to be penalized for false promises and tons of bullshit.
Very sexy hero, omg
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

i have a eye on fallout 3 & fable 2 but havent decide wich one to get, wich one you recomend me more?
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I played it for about 20 hours then returned it to gamefly. I thought being a slumlord would be a lot more fulfilling than it really was. It was also more difficult to get people to fear me than I expected.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I thought the first one was much better. The story, the music, the environment... everything about the first game felt better to me.

I finished the main quest and had little desire to finish the rest. The end of the main quest was the biggest disappointment I've experienced in any form of media.

... plus, there was absolutely no challenge whatsoever. I don't believe I used a single potion, nor did I eat more than 5 things. Weak sauce.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yonke wrote:i have a eye on fallout 3 & fable 2 but havent decide wich one to get, wich one you recomend me more?
Fallout by far, especially if you are looking for longevity. Fallout can easily entertain for over a hundred hours of gameplay. Hell, I'm 75 hours in and still don't feel I've adequately searched the Wasteland. There just an unbelievable amount of stuff to do in that game. Though I haven't played Fable 2 in comparison, I would imagine it would be a good game to get when it's cheaper.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Fallout is awesome!!!!

I never played 1 or 2 but this is the best gaming experience I've had in awhile. Decisions to be good or bad truly influence the game, and not just the way people treat you. There are so many different paths you can take to locate missions and power up your character. Traveling around a war torn D.C. is really cool.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Fallout 3 by far, in my opinion.

And like Oblivion did with releasing the Construction Kit, Fallout 3 now has the G.E.C.K. - http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page

If you're into modding, you can extend the gameplay even longer...

Look at the mods created so far, but you might want to play the vanilla game through first. - http://www.fallout3nexus.com/
ImageImageImageImage