The GTA IV Thread

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The GTA IV Thread

Post by ace »

I'm sure most people have already read this anyways, but I figured I'd just post it in case anyone has not yet. In addition to a leak of the actual game, there is also a leaked version of OXM's GTA IV review on the interwebs. I'm not terribly impressed with the score OXM gave the game (10/10) considering Gears of War, Mass Effect and Fight Night Round 3 all got 10s as well, but I am impressed with how amazing this game sounds. I was going to list a few examples, but there are just too many. Read the review, and anticipate!

http://cid-3085454822782b0d.skydrive.li ... spx/Public
Specially Cork

Re: OXM GTA IV Review

Post by Specially Cork »

IGN gave it a 10 too, the first since Soul Calibur. They say a 10 isn't perfect, but just so amazing that any flaws don't matter. This was always going to be the next-gen system-selling game for me, so I am glad to see that what I am reading isn't destroying my anticipation.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p7.html

Of course, this will all just lead to endless calls of "overhyped!" once it is released. :roll:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Daily Star

Official Playstation Magazine: 10/10

Empire

Xbox World 360

Playstation World: 10/10

Sounds like my expectations are being met.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Has Rockstar commented at all about this game coming to PC? I would really love to play it, but I don't own a 360 or PS3, and I have never liked the console versions of the GTA games. The controls are always a barrier for me. The game is supposed to be a free environment but I never could feel open with the crappy PS2/Xbox controls. I need a keyboard and mouse for any game with a gun.
It's thinking...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

|darc| wrote:Has Rockstar commented at all about this game coming to PC? I would really love to play it, but I don't own a 360 or PS3, and I have never liked the console versions of the GTA games. The controls are always a barrier for me. The game is supposed to be a free environment but I never could feel open with the crappy PS2/Xbox controls. I need a keyboard and mouse for any game with a gun.
No comment from Rockstar yet on the PC.

I generally agree with you; when it comes to shooting games, a keyboard and mouse beats all. The issue I have with playing GTA games on the PC though, is that such a large portion (and my favourite part) of the games is driving, sailing, or flying around, and a keyboard simply does not have the fine control required to pull off any advanced manoeuvres with any finesse.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I can't even imagine playing GTA with a mouse and keyboard... with the 3rd person view it'd feel like a cheap flash game with pretty graphics and a huge environments (Click on the people to kill them!). Then again I've always sucked with the M&KB combination, and I've loved controller supported games (hell you guys saw how bad I was at CS). Initially when I got CS:S I mapped the controls perfectly to a 360 pad-- I did much better than I do now with the mouse/keyboard combo :(

I fail.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

ace wrote:
|darc| wrote:Has Rockstar commented at all about this game coming to PC? I would really love to play it, but I don't own a 360 or PS3, and I have never liked the console versions of the GTA games. The controls are always a barrier for me. The game is supposed to be a free environment but I never could feel open with the crappy PS2/Xbox controls. I need a keyboard and mouse for any game with a gun.
No comment from Rockstar yet on the PC.

I generally agree with you; when it comes to shooting games, a keyboard and mouse beats all. The issue I have with playing GTA games on the PC though, is that such a large portion (and my favourite part) of the games is driving, sailing, or flying around, and a keyboard simply does not have the fine control required to pull off any advanced manoeuvres with any finesse.
I find driving easy to do with the keyboard, but sailing and flying were a pain in the ass. I think the reason for that is Rockstar just sucked at creating a proper control scheme for the keyboard and mouse with vehicles. I could never figure out how it was supposed to work. But the good thing is that you can just plug a USB controller into your PC and switch for vehicles.
It's thinking...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'll pick it up when it's cheap. GTA3 was great back in the day, Vice City was decent, but GTA clones have taken over and the only thing GTA4 has going for it are the graphics.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I haven't played a single GTA clone that has impressed me, nor gave me the same play quality as any game in the GTA series.... suck a dick Kenichi!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

MulletMan13 wrote:I haven't played a single GTA clone that has impressed me, nor gave me the same play quality as any game in the GTA series.... suck a dick Kenichi!
no u!!!!!

I played a bit of San Andreas and it just seemed like every other sandbox game. Crackdown was a decent clone since it offered something new, though the storyline and (lack of) missions sucked. Hopefully there's a drastic change to this game besides the graphics.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Luriden wrote:I'll pick it up when it's cheap. GTA3 was great back in the day, Vice City was decent, but GTA clones have taken over and the only thing GTA4 has going for it are the graphics.
You obviously didn't even read any of the reviews. Most of them focused very little on the graphics (despite them being amazing) because they spend the other 5-7 pages about the incredible gameplay, story, and setting. This isn't just GTA II V.2. This is the future of Grand Theft Auto.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I just sold my 360, so I'll wait and see if it comes out on PC. If not, no big deal. I don't game as much as I used to, so it doesn't feel like I'm missing much anymore.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I'm also hoping for a PC release.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Gah, I broke down and preordered. So much for getting Mario Kart, though I feel I'll be happier in the end.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

melancholy wrote:Gah, I broke down and preordered. So much for getting Mario Kart, though I feel I'll be happier in the end.
I think you will be. I've read every review, and watched every video. Everyone is blown away.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I am so frakin pumped. It's going to be a long day at work Tuesday.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

GTA4 is good.

Post by MulletMan13 »

From the first hour or so you can all ready tell it will be epic. So good.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: The GTA IV Thread

Post by melancholy »

I went ahead and merged the threads together and changed the title so we don't have a bunch of different GTA topics.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Even Gamespot gave it a 10, and they have a bit of a reputation for pissing on overhyped games. Impressive. Can't wait to get my hands on this.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

So... Has anyone played it yet? I should be getting my copy over the mail today.