Gamecube gamesaves on a Wii

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gamecube gamesaves on a Wii

Post by SlammedNiss »

I got my wife a Wii for Xmas, and I want to pick up a few old Gamecube titles, such as Windwaker and a few others. Does anybody happen to know if I can use the SD slot on the front, or do I need to buy an actual Gamecube memory card for gamesaves.
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Gamecube gamesaves on a Wii

Post by SlammedNiss »

Hasney wrote:Actual GC mem card
Thanks for the reply. My next question is this. Which one should I get. I don't plan on getting more than a small handful of games, and I only buy 1st party memory cards. I see 4mb, 16mb, 59 blocks, 251 blocks, etc. I assume the 4mb is a 59 block card, and the 16mb is a 251 block card? Do I need a really large card, or will the smaller one work fine.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

SlammedNiss wrote:
Thanks for the reply. My next question is this. Which one should I get. I don't plan on getting more than a small handful of games, and I only buy 1st party memory cards. I see 4mb, 16mb, 59 blocks, 251 blocks, etc. I assume the 4mb is a 59 block card, and the 16mb is a 251 block card? Do I need a really large card, or will the smaller one work fine.
most games i have for my gamecube only took up a few slots. however a few games (mostly EA) took up a ridiculous amount of space.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

SlammedNiss wrote:
I'd go with the 251, make sure you get the Nintendo brand one as well as the cheapy ones get stuck in the slots.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Dew wrote:
SlammedNiss wrote:
I'd go with the 251, make sure you get the Nintendo brand one as well as the cheapy ones get stuck in the slots.

This is absolutely true. I was using a nyko mem card and it fit in nicely, but when I went to pull it out of the mem slot some metal connectors got stuck on the mem card plastic and they got ripped out. Luckily for me the card slot still works, but it was frustrating to say the least.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I've had a 1000 block 3rd party card for a few years now. The thing has been awesome. There's no way I'd go for anything smaller 8-)
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I bought a 8mb nyco when I first my gamecube years ago. To this day it still works fine and holds the saves that I saved years ago. Far as third party products go they aren't too bad. The brands I had trouble with was pelican and performance. I lost my Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 saves thanks to them.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

251 is fine. I don't think any games require higher, and if you do use sports games, you can juggle saves on the Wii's internal memory. 1019 is worth a look if it isn't much more expensive though.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

Lartrak wrote:251 is fine. I don't think any games require higher, and if you do use sports games, you can juggle saves on the Wii's internal memory. 1019 is worth a look if it isn't much more expensive though.
You can't "juggle" saves from a gamecube memory card to the Wii's internal memory.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

there's an official gamecube memory card that takes sd cards, might be worth looking into if you're planning to use it often
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

not just souLLy now wrote:there's an official gamecube memory card that takes sd cards, might be worth looking into if you're planning to use it often
Unfortunately, that only works with the handful of games that specifically support the device (like "Animal Forest e+").
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

i have a performance 1000 blocks one , the only issue it have that when is conected to my wii , my wii doesnt conect to the internet.........weird......