Smackdown 2008 for Wii is crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap: My Story!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Smackdown 2008 for Wii is crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap: My Story!

Post by Matisfaction »

Okay I'll start from the beginning, some of you may have noticed that I've not visited these boards for quite some time now. This is because I was offered a new job back in November working in London as a camera man for a production company. Everything has worked out great so far and I'm looking forward to finding a flat with a mate in the new year (by the way, SouLLy: sorry that I didn't get back to you about that beer we can do it in the new year though?).

I've been staying with a friend while I've been working in London and the guy has a PS2 and is a huge wrestling fan so I bought Smackdown V's Raw 2008 for him. The game is pretty damn good and we had many a late night unlocking all the various bits and bobs.

I came back to Stoke for Xmas on the 24th to see family and friends, my mum needed a few things from Sainsbury's so I tagged along knowing full well that she hadn't managed to get hold of Mario Galaxy yet (my main present). We get to Sainsbury's, locate a few sundry items and then head to the games secion, now either the Wii is extremely popular in Stoke or Sainsbury's forgot to renew there order because there was almost NOTHING there! maybe three Wii games at the most. Luckily there was a copy of Mario Galaxy (hurrah & Huzzah!) and also a copy of Smackdown 2008, remembering the joy I had playing the PS2 version I snapped it up thinking that it would be exactly the same but with some cool motion sensor action as well.

Oh my god! How wrong can one person be? It must have at least 60% of the (£24.99) PS2 version hacked out of it, no main events, crap season mode, and worst of all a god awful control system! most of the game play is automatic and just involves swinging the Wiimote in any direction with no real control over the wrestler, most of the wrestlers have the same moves apart from their finishers, it's like going back to the days of Royal Rumble on the SNES!

This game could have been great but THQ have seemed to go for the "casual gamer" multi play game effect. I'm not sure why as the Wii already has that market sewn up with the "family games".

This was big disappointment so I went back and exchanged it for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, no problem there apart from Sainsbury's have a system where you buy the case and then have to go and collect the disc from a different counter and the stupid woman forgot to put the Res Evil disc in so I had to go back the next day and ask for the disc! :x

Still, owning an empty Umbrella Chronicles box was way better than suffering Cackdown for another 24 hours! I don't know why I didn't go for Umbrella Chronicles in the first place? It's pretty damn decent, I just need a Nyko perfect shot to go with it now :wink:

So that's my story, sorry about the lengthiness of the post but I haven't posted here for ages so I hope that this makes up for it.

Hope you all had a good Xmas.

Mat.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Re: Smackdown 2008 for Wii is crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap: My Story!

Post by Lunchbox »

If you're looking for a good wrestling game you really need to check out Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2. It was released last month for like 20 bucks, amazing game
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

yup, agrees with lunchbox. but if you are more of a casual gamer, then smackdown vs raw on ps2 is for you. fire pro is more the hardcore gamer type game since its not a button masher, and requires strategy.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

MetalGearRay wrote:Image
coming to wiiware :)
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Dunno if super fire pro is out in the UK yet? and as for NO Mercy: got it and will be getting the Wiiware version to, any idea when it's out?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

No worries Mat, beers sometime soon is a definite, only thing is now the East London tube line no longer runs, so it'd have to be beers in town or something. I got RE:UC too, it's definitely decent, I'm not loads into it but I like all the details in there. I'll avoid smackdown like the plague then :)