It's a month old by now, but WTF? Huge rumored Wii-Ware game

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

It's a month old by now, but WTF? Huge rumored Wii-Ware game

Post by MetalGearRay »

A rumor according to EGM...

WWF No FUCKING Mercy on the Wii?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164283

I hope it's true, but I kinda doubt it... too many trademark issues to sort out. Could be too much work to get the code, change textures, and get it approved by the WWE. And you know they'd HAVE to change the roster. There's no way the WWE would let them re-release it with Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Earl Hebner, literally just to name a few. I'd expect Nintendo to try and get the Goldeneye rights issues sorted out before they worked on a cult classic like No Mercy.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Re: It's a month old by now, but WTF? Huge rumored Wii-Ware game

Post by Dew »

I wish they'd just release it, updated roster or not. That game was fun.

I only hope they fix the saving bugs. My cartridge would sometime just lose all data right in the middle of game play or after I finished a championship.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Let me express a little statistic about WWF No Mercy.

If you buy 3 games a year at $50 for 7 years, it would cost $2100.

No Mercy is the oldest game that I still play regularly, nothing else comes close, besides new releases which usually get heavy play for a couple of months at the most.

Therefore, if I payed $2100 for No Mercy back in 2000, while it may have seemed a ridiculous price at the time, it would have not only been worth the cost, but a great deal as well.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

MetalGearRay wrote:If you buy 3 games a year at $50 for 7 years, it would cost $2100.
I think your calculator needs new batteries. :lol:
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i know i seen a few sites with the wwe no mercy info, it seems very legit. oh and its new rosters, which is why its wii-ware not not on virtual console. i will only buy if it has online play. also if you want something better than no mercy. fire pro returns ps2 (first ever usa console release) $15-20 just came out a few weeks ago. I have fire pro d for dreamcast and 6man scramble for saturn. Its a 2d game but has a much deeper fighting system than even no mercy. roster of 327 and caw of 500
http://www.fireproclub.com/ for downloadable created wrestlers, and name change edits (all wrestlers in the retail game have fake names, due to copyright issues, since they use wrestlers from wwe, njpw, ajpw, ufc, pride-fc and others around the world)

best caw ever as well as ring edits

but wwf no mercy is the best american wrestling game todate.

the tna game is looking good, its the first fighting game that i know of to use the unreal 3.0 engine. aj styles and samoa joe are doing motion capture work for the game, and have been saying the game is going to take a more AKI( makers of the n64 wrestling games) approach. im not going to get my hopes up so fast , since no american 3d wrestling game has yet to come close to wrestlemania 2000/wwf nomercy on n64
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
MetalGearRay wrote:If you buy 3 games a year at $50 for 7 years, it would cost $2100.
I think your calculator needs new batteries. :lol:
:oops: Whoops, I was gonna say 6 games a year, but I changed it and didn't change the calculation. Anyway, $1050, $2100, even $3000 would have been fair prices for this game, IMO.

gamedude, that Fire Pro game for the PS2 looks sweet. I played the one for the Dreamcast and the GBA and loved them. I might pick up the PS2 version and see if I can get hooked again. And the TNA game... well, it looks awesome, but I've been let down too many times by wrestling games, so I won't get too excited, but I will definitely give it some play time when it comes out.