Rock Band

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Rock Band

Post by GyroVorbis »

How many of you have played it? A buddy of mine just got it with all of the instruments this morning. I'm wondering how you guys rate it in comparison to the Guitar Hero series.

I think Rock Band is better in every way, personally. It puts the excitement back in playing songs with a plastic guitar. Everything from the new GUI to the track list (minus Fall Out Boy) is extremely well done in this game. The little additions made the Guitar parts feel interesting again. Playing drums is a quite a nice change (and is pretty damn challenging too).

Even the singing is better than any Karaoke game that I've ever played. Rock Band has to be among the most fun multiplayer experiences that I've ever had.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rock Band

Post by mrandyk »

Either the two guitars at the two demo displays were broken, or the strummer is crap on the guitar because it is very unresponsive. It becomes extremely hard to beat a song on easy. Also the whole guitar feels like I could snap it in half with ease, very flimsy to me.

The drums are easier than they should be. I was able to beat a song on expert only about 10 minutes after starting (Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?). Very fun, but easier than it should be.

Im interested as to how well the mic works though. I would have to try that part out before I would consider buying the game.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

I for one do not like it as much because of the guitar parts as Guitar Hero. The guitar is my main complaint about the game, Rock Band's guitar is quite inferior to Guitar Hero's IMO. All the buttons are flush with the neck which makes it difficult to know where your fingers are on the neck. Also, the strummer it terrible! WTF, it doesn't have a click or noise that registers when you have strummed, and the recoil is terrible, (the button will start to sag a bit after a few hours of game play), the GH guitar bounces right back, every time. The buttons also do not bounce back as fast either.

The game is also a lot easier then GH3. a lot. I beat the "Impossible" songs on Expert on the first try, everytime. I can't beat a all the songs on Expert in GH3, you need to be God himself to beat some of those songs. (Though I am close)

I also HATE, the back ground video style. It has some sort of grainy tint to it, and it runs at like 10 frames per second. I can't stand to watch it.

Other then my little miff with the Guitar portions, the game is a lot of fun with friends. It is one of those, come over, get drunk, rock out kind of games.
I personally would not waste 170 dollars for a party game, GH is good enough. I couldn't see myself playing all 4 Instruments alone, to beat the game. There are cheaper alternatives for party games IMHO.

Drums are fun, Vocals Rock. The guitar parts, way behind GH.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I've been waiting for this game for so long and days before its released BAM Canadian delay. I went down to the states yesterday for wrestling and I checked out a bunch of stores while I was there, but the bundle was sold out everywhere. The stand alone game was available but I want to play the drums damnit!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Looks like I caught a lucky break, my local game store imported 12 bundles. Fuck yeah Rock Band :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: