New wii channel idea

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New wii channel idea

Post by mrandyk »

An itunes channel. 100 wii points per song, and the ability to either play them using the wii or upload them to your ipod through the usb ports. I would not be very surprised if something along these lines comes up at some point in time.

We all know Nintendo reads these forums too so in the next week or so they will take my idea and make a lot of money off of it.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Re: New wii channel idea

Post by Dew »

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I can't understand why anyone with an iPod would choose to buy via a Wii iTunes store instead of their PC/Mac iTunes store. What would be the benefit?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:I can't understand why anyone with an iPod would choose to buy via a Wii iTunes store instead of their PC/Mac iTunes store. What would be the benefit?
I tried to come up with several answers to this question, but kept falling down on the fact that if a person has wireless internet, there's a 99% chance they will have a computer too, therefore destroying every argument. So I don't know, nobody should be interested in an iTunes music store for Wii.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Guess I didnt think that one through too well, the whole wireless internet argument totally destroys my idea.

The wii still needs more channels though, everybody votes? pathetic.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The Wii needs a classic game channel instead of a separate channel for each and every game.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sorry but I agree with everyone else. Completely useless idea. Pretty much anybody who uses the internet on the Wii probably does have some sort of PC.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

now a channel that could stream media from iTunes would be very handy (ala appleTV) however why would that happen when apple can make people pay $300 for an appleTV.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

Isn't Nintendo supposed to integrate the DS with the Wii at some point? That would open up a lot of possibilities.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Game content wouldn't be bad

I haven't had much time to play with the wireless on mine, is there a channel for Game Trailers and info?
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

melancholy wrote:The Wii needs a classic game channel instead of a separate channel for each and every game.
imho the wii needs more then rehashed old games. paying 800 M$ points for geometry wars = teh win, paying the same 800 points (ok i know ninty points cost slightly less) for a snes rehash = poor

not that im pissing on the classics, but i would love to actually see some new and inovative content on there, some smaller simpler games using the wiimote
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I agree with you. nintendo need to get some original games on the Wii Virtual Console, as atm i feel a lot of the games on it are a rip off..

But i wouldn't mind paying for some original stuff, both MS and Sony are doing it so so should Nintendo...
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Would could be interesting is old games that can or cannot utilise the Wiimote. So Super Mario with the option of crazy Wii controls, or classic NES controls
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

downloading ds demos would be a great channel, and I think its pretty obvious it will come eventually.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Playable demos of the Wii games themselves might be too big since Nintendo didn't bother to include a hard drive of any sort with the system. However demos of the games on the Wii shop channel would be nice. Shoot Microsoft has demos of practically every xbox live game on there. Even Sony has demos of some of their games, although not as many as Microsoft.

I also agree that Nintendo need more then overpriced emulated games as well. Games should have some sort of extra features, on-line play, etc. I mean when we got SOTN on 360 it had added achievements, and it even cleaned up the graphics abit to make it easier on the eyes. You look at similar priced N64 games though and there is absolutely nothing extra. In fact I recently bought Mario Kart 64 and it looks awful on my HD TV since it doesn't scale properly.

Shoot there are homebrew emulators that have offer more features then the emulated games on the Wii. Some of them offer on-line play for certain types of roms if im not mistaken, so its not like the Technology isn't there. I will give Nintendo some Credit though. At least the games you do play on the system actually work full speed. Some of those Xbox live games run so bad its not even funny. There is no excuse a Arcade port that is 20 years old shouldn't run full speed (or hell even at playable speeds)on the Xbox 360. *Double Dragon coming to mind*
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

People aren't necesserily using a wireless internet connection. Allthough not a high concentration of people, some will be using the USB adapter. But I can't see people buying an iPod who don't own a computer. So that was pointless.

I can't see Ninty ever doing demos. Hell they don't even do demo discs!
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Dew wrote:Isn't Nintendo supposed to integrate the DS with the Wii at some point? That would open up a lot of possibilities.
Didn't work very well when Nintendo tried to intergrate the gba with the gamecube, now did it?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Smiley wrote:
Dew wrote:Isn't Nintendo supposed to integrate the DS with the Wii at some point? That would open up a lot of possibilities.
Didn't work very well when Nintendo tried to intergrate the gba with the gamecube, now did it?
The difference there was that you were required to purchase special hardware to do so, and so you had a situation where developers were reluctant to make use of it until there was an established base of gamers with link lead, and gamers waiting until there was a a decent number of games that made use of it.

In this case, both units can communicate with each other as is. The use of features that require additional purchases is never going to be as high as when those features are built in to the console from the beginning. You could look at the take-up of online gaming on consoles that came equipped from the start (Dreamcast, Xbox) to those that didn't (PS2, Gamecube).

The same could probably be said of the failed Mega Drive/Genesis add-ons, the various Gameboy link cables (certainly when compared to the success of DS online play), the DS rumble pak, the 64DD, the Pocketstation...
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Veggita2099 wrote:Games should have some sort of extra features, on-line play, etc. I mean when we got SOTN on 360 it had added achievements, and it even cleaned up the graphics abit to make it easier on the eyes. You look at similar priced N64 games though and there is absolutely nothing extra. In fact I recently bought Mario Kart 64 and it looks awful on my HD TV since it doesn't scale properly.
I would really hate to see classic games altered by people who don't know what they are doing. In fact I would prefer to see the alterations they made to the games back in the days removed... Why do I still have to play the slower 50Hz PAL versions ? Why can't I turn off the bilinear filtering ?

Also I wonder if I will ever be able to play Bare Knuckle III, Golden Axe III, Monsterworld IV or Pulseman on Wii ?
Insane homebrew collector.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Nintendo has stated that the ds and the wii will communicate in the future, whether this is for a gba-cube like thing or a ds download station thing I dont know. But Nintendo would be a dam fool if they dont make the wii a ds download station like you find in some stores where you can download demos to your ds.

Or if they used the gba slot on the ds for a like memory card thing and you can download the demos onto that so you can keep them for later playing, or if you can download games themselves like virtual console games. Im thinking up stuff to say as I type this, put your virtual console games on your ds (nes genesis snes t16 maybe n64). If nintendo made it so that you could download your vc games to your ds that would be awesome.

I should be working at Nintendo with these ideas.