Dirt Demo

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dirt Demo

Post by MKE »

Has anyone else played this (on live marketplace)

while i'm very impressed with the visuals (the in car view is amazing. i went off a cliff an seriously got dizzy for a sec cuz it keeps the view the same, but all you see out the windshield/mirrors is the world spinning as you fall) i dont like how it plays. Yeah, it might be more realistic, and i'll more then likely end up buying it, but i'd much rather see Rallisport Challenge 3 come out. And although sega's rally is being released soon as well, i unfortunately dont have a lot of faith in there products (but again, due to the lack of rally games i'll end up with that one too)

what do you think of it?

edit: After just racing with the buggy, this has got to be the best in car camera in a racing game, ever...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: Dirt Demo

Post by Veggita2099 »

I didn't bother. Just looked like another boring racing game.

Speaking of demos though that ARea 51 looks like it will be amazing. Graphics look very impressive, and it really seems to draw you into the game. When I play a FPS I like to feel like I am somewhere. That is probably why I hated PREY so much. That entire game took place on a mazing boring looking alien ship. I think the reason I liked Half-life 2 so well was because of the level design.

In any case I guess thats neat and all if your into that stuff. However Racing games all seem the same to me. You race around a boring track and try and get first place. Nothing to really explore, no story, no ending, just trying to get first place. I probably enjoy the demo's more then I do the actual games.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

yeah, exploring and stuff really isn't my thing (honestly). i like having a set goal of something to do, and do it as quickly/best as possible. the story of a game doesn't really effect me if i like it [the game] that much. maybe that's why i only really like FPS's, and racing games.

never played prey that much, but half life 2 is good, but again i don't really explore or anything, i just get through the levels as quickly as possible.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Veggita2099 wrote:When I play a FPS I like to feel like I am somewhere. That is probably why I hated PREY so much. That entire game took place on a mazing boring looking alien ship. I think the reason I liked Half-life 2 so well was because of the level design.
This is one of the reasons the Timesplitters series is superior to the Halo series (yes I went there).

The Area 51 demo was gash however, lol.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Just another racing game. Impressive graphics, but it's just like every racing game I've played.

Area 51 wasn't that great either.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I downloaded the PC demo, until I heard the game will be using Starforce, so I didn't even bother installing it. From what I've seen I have to say it looks like arse from an artistical pov. Using excessive lighting to make it look impressive, bright and shiny. Turn off the HDR and you've got nighttime mode, which includes shadows :o but no light source.

Nuff said
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

"Brown?" :lol:
Insane homebrew collector.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

So true, so true.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

I loved the demo. I thought the controls where lose enough to be fun while still having a firm realistic feel. It's like the perfect halfway point between ridge racer and forza. Plus it looks fantastic all over.