can anyone recommend a screen protector for dslite?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

can anyone recommend a screen protector for dslite?

Post by gamedudex2 »

i just don't wanna mess up my screen, and also not affect the touch screen response during gaming.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: can anyone recommend a screen protector for dslite?

Post by royhubbs »

I have this screen protector for mine, it seems to be good, I put one on mine and one on my g/f's

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7- ... -19ym.html
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I don't recall what the brand was, but I did buy my brother a pair of screen ptotectors from Target; and they seem to be working great.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I didnt look at either of those links so they may be what im suggesting, the hori ds screen protecters that are liscnesed by nintendo. i bought them and they work great, not only do they protect my screen they reduce the glare from the sun on my screen.

I bought mine new on ebay for $0.30 then like $5 for shipping.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Those are the best after trying about three different screen protectors.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I was looking for something when I first got my DS, I just learned not to screw it up. The clamshell design along with a soft shell case has saved me once so far and has remained scratch free.

Although I am worried that normal use will mark it up eventually. Don't think protectors will prevent it 100% though.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I remember getting my DS at launch and buying a Pelican screen protector. I ended up ordering a replacement screen off of Nintendo because the Pelican protector totally destroyed the top screen with this sticky crap it put on it. And the bottom screen film made anything displayed on the bottom screen turn rainbow colored. I decided to just scrap the whole idea of a screen protectors.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

politoe wrote:
Those are the best after trying about three different screen protectors.
Yeah. I put them on both my regular DS and my DS Lite. I took them off the regular DS and there is no residue. I haven't taken them off the DS Lite because I use it more :P

They are great an easy to install, just do it in a place that isn't very dusty and you are good. I installed both of mine and no dust on either of them (I did it in the bathroom. I turned the shower on until the mirror fogged up, since the air is heavy and humid it brings the dust down so you don't have to worry about it.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

melancholy wrote:I remember getting my DS at launch and buying a Pelican screen protector. I ended up ordering a replacement screen off of Nintendo because the Pelican protector totally destroyed the top screen with this sticky crap it put on it. And the bottom screen film made anything displayed on the bottom screen turn rainbow colored. I decided to just scrap the whole idea of a screen protectors.
Similar situation here. I purchased a screen protector the very same day I got my DS, and applied it almost immediately. It gummed up the top screen, and the lower screen, while not using any sort of adhesive, left a slight film on the lower screen.. took me a good while to undo the mess they made. I didn't bother trying any other brands. (I don't recall the brand which I used.)
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

MrSiggler wrote:
melancholy wrote:I remember getting my DS at launch and buying a Pelican screen protector. I ended up ordering a replacement screen off of Nintendo because the Pelican protector totally destroyed the top screen with this sticky crap it put on it. And the bottom screen film made anything displayed on the bottom screen turn rainbow colored. I decided to just scrap the whole idea of a screen protectors.
Similar situation here. I purchased a screen protector the very same day I got my DS, and applied it almost immediately. It gummed up the top screen, and the lower screen, while not using any sort of adhesive, left a slight film on the lower screen.. took me a good while to undo the mess they made. I didn't bother trying any other brands. (I don't recall the brand which I used.)
That means you guys need to get the Hori (link above)
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

politoe wrote:
MrSiggler wrote:
That means you guys need to get the Hori (link above)
Nah, after the fiasco with the first screen protector, I just went without and have yet to have any scratches on my screen as a result. And I've had my DS since launch.
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

I just bought a pack of screen protectors for some HP PDA/Palm type device and cut them down to fit. Been OK so far. They scratch quite easily though but I got about 12 or 15 in a pack.