Halo 3 BETA

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Halo 3 BETA

Post by Lunchbox » Wed May 16, 2007 9:14 am

The download for Crackdown users seems to be delayed :x
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed May 16, 2007 9:24 am

Yep, won't be able to grab it for another 24 hours according to people on the Bungie forums.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Wed May 16, 2007 11:21 am

Yeah. This really pisses me off. I saw it coming too, I just KNEW it wouldn't be playable today, before people even reported problems with Crackdown. I can't remember the first time there was an event on Live that started when it was supposed to without a hitch.

They need to get their shit together someday. It took them two to three weeks before people could actually download the Halo 2 map pack they paid for. The Old Spice event also didn't work for some people until about a week later, thus not allowing people to get the limited first place prize unless they set and refreshed the site all day. There's also some XBLA games like Alien Hominid that have glitched achievements, and according to Behemoth they've already fixed it, it's just up to Live. Whenever they feel like releasing the update.

Hopefully they'll extend the beta another day for us Crackdown owners that started late. Meanwhile, everyone else who got the beta and didn't pay a cent for it are having a good time.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE » Wed May 16, 2007 11:55 am

Hasney wrote:
idk yet wrote:Yeah. This really pisses me off. I saw it coming too, I just KNEW it wouldn't be playable today, before people even reported problems with Crackdown. I can't remember the first time there was an event on Live that started when it was supposed to without a hitch.

They need to get their shit together someday. It took them two to three weeks before people could actually download the Halo 2 map pack they paid for. The Old Spice event also didn't work for some people until about a week later, thus not allowing people to get the limited first place prize unless they set and refreshed the site all day. There's also some XBLA games like Alien Hominid that have glitched achievements, and according to Behemoth they've already fixed it, it's just up to Live. Whenever they feel like releasing the update.

Hopefully they'll extend the beta another day for us Crackdown owners that started late. Meanwhile, everyone else who got the beta and didn't pay a cent for it are having a good time.
Hells yes we are :D
Yeh but you have to pay VAT, live near the French, and can't get an HDTV at a reasonable price. I'll wait a day for my beta.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Wed May 16, 2007 12:38 pm

I can't wait until the beta is over so I can get a copy of Crackdown for killer cheap.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:00 pm

idk yet wrote:Yeah. This really pisses me off. I saw it coming too, I just KNEW it wouldn't be playable today, before people even reported problems with Crackdown. I can't remember the first time there was an event on Live that started when it was supposed to without a hitch.

I gained over 1500 points for that damn old spice thing and they did not credit me for any of it! I have also had trouble downloading CSI episodes off Xbox live. What pisses me off is they have no trouble docking you the points for the download but then the download doesn't work for 2 days. And for once that wasn't my old routers fault it was on Microsofts end. I paid for the episode sat night, it didn't work till monday though.

Would also be nice if the arcade games didn't lag so much. I bought Double Dragon and when there is more then 5 moving objects on the screen it lags down to the points its almost unplayable. No excuse that a game that is being charged for should run that bad!
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:38 pm

Veggita2099 wrote:
I gained over 1500 points for that damn old spice thing and they did not credit me for any of it! I have also had trouble downloading CSI episodes off Xbox live. What pisses me off is they have no trouble docking you the points for the download but then the download doesn't work for 2 days. And for once that wasn't my old routers fault it was on Microsofts end. I paid for the episode sat night, it didn't work till monday though.

Would also be nice if the arcade games didn't lag so much. I bought Double Dragon and when there is more then 5 moving objects on the screen it lags down to the points its almost unplayable. No excuse that a game that is being charged for should run that bad!
Sounds like from what I have read, they pretty much botched the double dragon port. How much of your lag is due to the bad arcade port and connection problems though? Didn't you post in another thread you were having serious connection issues?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Wed May 16, 2007 2:53 pm

abydos1000 wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:

Sounds like from what I have read, they pretty much botched the double dragon port. How much of your lag is due to the bad arcade port and connection problems though? Didn't you post in another thread you were having serious connection issues?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about single player if he's talking about game slowdown issues due to too many objects on screen.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:40 pm

Is there an option for two player split screen on the beta?

Stupid crackdown issues :(
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Wed May 16, 2007 7:04 pm

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx ... &cid=12468
UPDATE : 5/16/07 3:55 p.m.
We're happy to finally announce that the issues being faced with the Halo 3 beta and Crackdown will be resolved shortly. The Microsoft team has found a solution and it's undergoing final testing now.

Assuming the test pass goes according to plan, the fix will come in the form of a Crackdown title update within the next three to six hours.

We understand many of you were eagerly awaiting your chance to jump into the Halo 3 Beta and this technical issue has put a damper on your plans. Thankfully the fix is incoming and we're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Ultimately we hope this will all soon be a distant memory once you pick up the Spartan Laser, launch yourself from a Mancannon and enjoy online shenanigans with your friends.

As a reminder, people who already have the Halo 3 Beta are unaffected by this issue. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more information.
Should be pretty soon then. Just as well, I've had some things to get taken care of today, it's gonna be up just in time for me to actually enjoy it.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:19 pm

the update for Crackdown is hitting now. I am downloading the beta as we speak, but the servers are getting raped
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Wed May 16, 2007 9:31 pm

Alright! I'll see you all online! :D
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Been liked: 1 time

Post by politoe » Wed May 16, 2007 10:31 pm

This shit is taking forever to download.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs » Wed May 16, 2007 10:41 pm

ya sure is, Im watching basketball though, maybe when the game is over it will be done. Im at 25% now
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox » Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 pm

12% for me.

Also, they're extending the BETA an extra 4 days. Sweet!
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe » Wed May 16, 2007 10:56 pm

When is the beta supposed to be done?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Damnit.... the download finished fine... but when I log into the beta it says it was expired... argghhh

I also cannot create a profile ... the start button does absolutely nothing!

grrrr more bugs!
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe » Wed May 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Hope the same thing doesn't happen to me.
and 56% btw
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs » Wed May 16, 2007 11:10 pm

Beta done June 10th, was extended 4 days from the 6th. so thats cool
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:23 pm

MulletMan13 wrote:Damnit.... the download finished fine... but when I log into the beta it says it was expired... argghhh

I also cannot create a profile ... the start button does absolutely nothing!

grrrr more bugs!
Apparently this is a known bug and resetting the update works for some people -- but not for me.

Guess I'll be waiting an hour or so before this bug rolls through before I start playing :-\